Sumatra Thread!

I am hoping to sweet talk ramirezframing out of a dun pullet to put with my blue cock this year.
fl.gif

Quote:
A close friend has them. He put them out to pasture & he's said they have thrived. Raised clutches of chicks, slept in the trees, became almost feral. But he hasn't lost a single Sumatra I gave him, & it's been about 2 years. He's not breeding, he just always loved the look of the birds. I miss them, especially the Duns. I never got around to breeding Dun together to produce Khaki, I still haven't seen the color in person... much to my dismay!
th.gif

My side project that I'm working towards is a Dun/Khaki/Platinum bird that lays an olive egg. Sumatra type, clean shanked, smaller in stature, but not a bantam. Preferably with great egg production, & the ability to sit, brood, & rear chicks. I'm gathering the necessary "ingredients" this season to produce such a bird... ideally I'll have the first generation from the initial cross breeding on the ground later this year.

Quote:
A close friend has them. He put them out to pasture & he's said they have thrived. Raised clutches of chicks, slept in the trees, became almost feral. But he hasn't lost a single Sumatra I gave him, & it's been about 2 years. He's not breeding, he just always loved the look of the birds. I miss them, especially the Duns. I never got around to breeding Dun together to produce Khaki, I still haven't seen the color in person... much to my dismay!
th.gif

My side project that I'm working towards is a Dun/Khaki/Platinum bird that lays an olive egg. Sumatra type, clean shanked, smaller in stature, but not a bantam. Preferably with great egg production, & the ability to sit, brood, & rear chicks. I'm gathering the necessary "ingredients" this season to produce such a bird... ideally I'll have the first generation from the initial cross breeding on the ground later this year.
Good luck getting your ingredients together, and hopefully you'll have lots of offspring on the ground running.

Back
Top Bottom