Sumatra Thread!

Will anyone be at Delmarva or Sussex or Central PA shows this year usually it's just Tom and us but there was a nice number at Delmarva last year

Heyy Zack, congrats on your awards,

I may go to delamarva again. Last year was pretty good, just sucks it's almost an 8hr drive for me!:( Im still trying to find a couple blue or splash LF hens which if I go I'll get in touch with Tom and maybe I can get some while I'm there

Heyy Zack, congrats on your awards,

I may go to delamarva again. Last year was pretty good, just sucks it's almost an 8hr drive for me!:( Im still trying to find a couple blue or splash LF hens which if I go I'll get in touch with Tom and maybe I can get some while I'm there
I may have 1-2 blue hens that I would be willing to part with by Delmarva. If you are going

I may have 1-2 blue hens that I would be willing to part with by Delmarva. If you are going

That would be great! I'm going to check with work to see if I can get the weekend off to go. I'll keep in touch and let you know within a month or so. The deadline to register is prob beginning of March as the show is at the end of March. Thanks buddy

What does a broody Sumatra look like? Mine checks out the nest boxes at night, sitting on the golf balls. But she's just not.... Well, poofy. And how broody are Sumatra?

What does a broody Sumatra look like? Mine checks out the nest boxes at night, sitting on the golf balls. But she's just not.... Well, poofy. And how broody are Sumatra?

My hen has never been broody. A local farm with Sumatras lay eggs, then leave. Some eat the eggs. Ive never seen a broody Sumatra myself so if you wanted to hatch their eggs, id suggest an incubator because most likely mama isnt going to sit them herself haha!

I have had a few sumatras go broody, even had one that spent more time being broody than laying eggs. She lays a very distinctive egg and I didn't get any eggs from her last year and she wasn't broody either, which I chalk up to her being an older hen. They look like a normal broody to me. Good luck with yours.

Thanks you two. Here was Raven last night.

here are my sumatras!! they are 2 wekks old now but when i took this pic they were 4 or 5 days old. i have a rooster and a hen. i don't know which is which yet.

Back
Top Bottom