1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sumter, South Carolina Flooding

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickynparadise, Oct 5, 2015.

1. chickynparadise

chickynparadise Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2014
    Sumter, SC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I live in Sumter, SC-we have had major flooding (I am sure you have seen) this is my backyard-fortunately my girls were safe in their coop-no leaking! At one point the water was about 6 inches from their floor-I was prepared with cages in the house to bring them in if needed. The water has gone down, they are roaming about in their run area again! I was more fortunate than a lot of those around me.

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Wow. They were lucky. Glad your chickens stayed dry and safe. I hope your house/shed/garage fared well also.

3. chickynparadise

chickynparadise Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2014
    Sumter, SC
    3 feet of water in my cellar and I am so thankful I have the cellar or that could have been my house!! Sump pump is working hard to remove it. The floor of my shed & dollhouse were submerged, will have to wait until they dry to assess. Had a few leaks in the roof after total saturation but they are also good. I am blessed!! So many others have so much more damage!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by