Sunburned. Ouch!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantamlover23, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Well I was having too much fun outside today wearing a tank top. I was horseback riding for several hours and it was about 83 degrees here in Florida. And now my shoulders and face are burnt to a crisp and man does it hurt. But it was my own fault because I forgot the suntan lotion.

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Sure, rub it in!! We are over here with tons of snow and freezing rain!! I wish I had a sunburn!! Instead I have the burning sensation you get when you have freezing rain pounding you off the face!! LOL!!

3. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    some of us might be suffering from wind burn, from the windchill....

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Okay, okay, my toes are fixin' to break off they are so frozen. It wsa 16 this am. That is WAY too cold for me and my thin, southern blood to handle. Try some Aloe Vera on it.

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Serves you right [​IMG] The end of Janurary and your getting sunburnt. Thats not fair. [​IMG]

6. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I get sunburned every year when it warms up up here. You've been locked away inside for 6 months and there's a nice day or something. We usually go out in the boat fishing. You're body isn't used to it, so you get burned even worse. I had sun poisoning once. That wasn't fun. [​IMG]

7. Bantamlover23

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I did not mean to rub it in. Really I didn't. [​IMG] I just had a blast today and forgot about sunblock. I just get whiny because man it hurts. Oh well I guess I should not complain because I friends in Ohio and they are getting a foot of snow and I have only seen snow once in my 23 years. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  8. buttons

buttons Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2009
    I got sun burn too! Dam california sun. I wish there was snow around here but no all I get is sand in my shose!

9. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    It is not nice to brag.
    OK I brag about it being nice here BUT today it was ***** COLD. I hate the cold.

10. Bantamlover23

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Well by this weekend we are supposed to have cold front with the high getting into the 60's and that is cold to me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by