Sunburns and treatments

LOL!

There is NO way I can convince my hubby to eat anything of meat, veggies or fruits of ANY kind. However I have done sneaking pureed fruits in Jello and he would play sick about it and wont eat it. I know he LOVES Jello. But I don't make enough.

He will not take ANY pills of any form, including pain killers! When he was hurting bad, I told him that aspirin will help the pain but no, he said it does not work. Ok, then Tynenol....nope. However he would drink Gatorade so it would give him enough vitamins and minerals needed while he is working in hot areas at his work place (putting CAT trucks together). But i know it is not good enough.

Sorry I do not pity him. As for me, if I was in his shoes, I would be taking ANYTHING to stop pain and get better.

Mahroni, that looks like a bruiser!!!!!!!! Next time, duck! I don't think I would recommend makeup tho because they can carry bacteria. Would not hurt to put on some ice and painkillers. It looks like you got into a fist fight!

Get some solarcaine spray, that works very well, plus the spray helps so you don't have to touch it. Or you can get noxzema and rub that on the burn, either one will take the burn out pretty quickly.

ETA: the solarcaine also has lidocaine, which is a numbing agent (help with the pain).

I had a very bad burn like that when I was 15 or 16. I was working detassling corn, and like an idiot I wore a black T-shirt. I had a tank top on underneath, so needless to say the T-shirt was off by 10 am at the latest. I had taken sunscreen with me, but didn't put any on before work. By the time I was able to put it on, I was burned beyond belief. So of course the sunscreen didn't do any good. I had huge boils on my back, they were beyond blisters. The one I could see was about 1 1/2" across and about 1" high. I remember sitting in front of a fan. When the fan would hit me, I'd start shivering, and as soon as the fan would turn away I'd start sweating buckets. I got burnt a lot when I was younger, I don't think I ever went to the doctor over them
hmm.png

Last edited:
We did use the solarcaine spray within the hour we left the water park. he said it felt good and then he itched so bad. I know he is not allergic to "caine" stuff. And we did use Noxzema as well but it held in the heat. His doctor said to cease using them because it was a very bad first degree burn. One more hour in the sun, he would get the second degree burns. We did use the diaper rash ointment but it didn't help that much.

Peeling today in certain areas, some of the swelling went down. But still beet red as they go!

We used a ointment called Ungvita, on sunburn, it is a fish oil , and it stinks of fish
sickbyc.gif
, but I never seen anything that worked as well on a bad sunburn.
old.gif
You need to cool the burn first

Last edited:
I use aloe vera gel. It cools going on and doesnt make you feel icky. I got a bad burn about 2 months ago and blistered. The aloe helps to sooth your skin.

Quote:
I used aloe on my most recent burn (for lack of a better option). It does soothe, but it doesn't last long. I have solarcaine aloe with lidocaine, so that helped a bit more. Once it started peeling I couldn't find anything that worked. My back felt like I had a huge piece of tape on it all the time. I got out my Pond's extra dry face cream for sensitive skin and slathered that on. It lasted about all day before I had to reapply it
smile.png
I bet if I'd have used it during the burn I would have had much less peeling
smile.png

Pond I have not tried! I've heard good things about it from elderly ladies at the beauty salon LOLOLOL! Little did I know what valuable information you can get from visiting the beauty salon! Even for egg whites for face peels!
cool.png

texas= land of sunburns LOL

as soon as you get home, vinegar to the rescue...i put in on straight out of the bottle...

the best product i have found for sunburns and walmart carries it

it has aloe vera, and tea tree oil...

called Ocean Potion moisturizing aloe lotion...

slather on after you dry off, 2-3 times that night before you go to bed...

i swear you will not hurt in the morning, and you will not peel!
been using this stuff for 10 years now...

heres a link to what it looks like...

http://www.opotion.com/pages/aftersun-aloe-lotion.html

Quote:
My most recent burn was so bad, nothing helped with peeling! Though I wonder (in previous post) if my Pond's face cream would have helped, it did moisturize it very well. But my bakc was kind of wrinkly-looking, so I'm thinking it probably wouldn't have
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom