Sunday Dinner - You're invited

Quote:
My dinner was awesome. I just finished using my left over fresh beets and juice to make a jar of JoeBryants pink pickled eggs.

However, I am seriously looking for something sweet!

Ooopppsss...I missed this! I'm sending over a strata for brunch, or save for an easy Monday evening meal if you like.

What a fun thread.
smile.png

Quote:
They look like blueberries but are slightly larger, not as blue, and I think they taste better! I guess it really depends on the variety that you choose to eat though as far as sweetness/taste goes. The Chichiquelite type can be eaten right off of the plant like the wild ones can and in my opinion are the best.

I am trying to grow my own huckleberries this year, because they themselves or anything made with them are quite pricey to get unless you are lucky enough to live in the Pacific NorthWest where they grow wild! Even then you have to beat the bears to them!

Here's a great website for you to take a look at! They can ship you wild huckleberries or foods that are made with huckleberries.
tongue.png
http://www.nwwildfoods.com/

I'll bring a Chocolate cake made from scratch with homemade whipped frosting with little choc. chips... and an elastic waistband
lol.png
lau.gif

I remember Sunday Dinner with such fondness my grandmother would be the hostess and all of my Aunts Uncles and cousins were there. My father is the baby in a family of 10.And they all had 3 or 4 kids and one of them had 11 so it was quite a gathering every Sunday.
My favorite was New England Boiled Dinner which consisted of a huge smoked shoulder,cabbage,carrots/turnips,potatoes and onions and my absolute favorite still warm chocolate pudding(with the skin of course) with fresh whipped cream on top.
So that's what I'll be bringin

Last edited:
Miss Pizzy I was feeling just like you yesterday,

I cooked dinner for my son and I so I was able to spoil myself with the excuse I was spoiling him.

I cooked a nice piece of lamb with Roast potatoes, runner beans, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, then we had home made apple pie with cinnamon, and thick custard.

lol... kept me quiet for a while.

Back
Top Bottom