Sunday is Chicken Night @ KatyTheChickenLadys . . .

KatyTheChickenLady

Bird of A Different Feather
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Same as the other threads, I'll share the 13 recipes we use in our family meal planning. Some are basic and some are different, feel free to ask questions. I'll be posting one a week
big_smile.png

If you're used to just basic meat and potatoes TRY this first recipe, my husband (a steak and potatoe Idaho guy) said it opened a whole new world in his mouth . . . go ahead and make two pounds, it will disappear and the cold leftovers are amazing. If you have little one you may want to use 1/2 spice the first time.

Katy's Tandori Chicken

2 Lbs Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
1 large container Plain Yogurt
Fresh Juice from 1 Lemon
½ C Olive Oil
Tandori Spice Pkt (I prefer Shan brand)

You will have to get a feel for how much to make and how much spice to use, the more the hotter. You can find it at an Indian grocery.
Cut diagonal slits across the top of Chicken Breasts. Mix all other ingredients and pour over the meat, let marinate all day.
Remove from marinade (discard excess). Grill over medium hot coals.
Serve with Raita, Basmati Rice & Naan.

Katy’s Homemade Raita:
Plain Yogurt, 1 shredded cucumber , 1 handful chopped Cilantro & 2T Raita Spice. Let sit all day.

Last edited:
Someone asked me for my recipe for Naan, so I thought I would share here as well.
This is the recipe I use, it's not mine I copied it from somewhere, but it's the best one so far; although honesly I usually just pick up an order from an Indian restaurant it's really cheap and far easier on me (I've never been to good at any kind of breads)

Naan
INGREDIENTS
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons salt
4 1/2 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
1/4 cup butter, melted
DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes, until frothy. Stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes on a lightly floured surface, or until smooth. Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside to rise. Let it rise 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in volume.
Punch down dough, and knead in garlic. Pinch off small handfuls of dough about the size of a golf ball. Roll into balls, and place on a tray. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
During the second rising, preheat grill to high heat.
At grill side, roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle. Lightly oil grill. Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. Brush uncooked side with butter, and turn over. Brush cooked side with butter, and cook until browned, another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill, and continue the process until all the naan has been prepared

I just started making my own yogurt, so I need to clarify... About how big are you talking when you say "large container of yogurt?"

hmmm, well I don't have one here to look, at but not the single serving size . . . the cream cheese in my frig is about the same size and it says 48 ounces. I'll look next time I am at the store

while I have time I'm going to add one here too, it's way easier to write down recipes if I'm making it at the time, and tonight is chicken night at my house.

Hot Wing Sandwiches

boil a big bird until meat is done, then debone and set meat aside.

I return the bones and skin to the pot and keep boiling for another hour or two until totally reduced and then save the broth for next weeks dinner.

Put the chopped meat in the crockpot on low & add 1 cube of butter and 1/2 jar of Franks Hot Wing sauce. I just let it simmer on low all day. Buy the square Cibatta sandwich rolls.

When you are ready for dinner warm the rolls in the oven, then remove & turn on the broiler.

To assemble sandwich cut rolls in half sandwich style & generously sprinkle blues cheese on the top, slide this half only uner th broiler until cheese is wilted (not long). On the bottom half put a big scoop of chicken & sauce then top with a nice spring lettuce mix & cover with the blue cheese top (the blue cheese melts down onto the lettuce soo nicely). Put the bottle of Franks on the table for those who like it hotter. & if you like a little extra crunch you can add sliced celery & carrotts to the chicken for the last hour or so of cooking.

Back
Top Bottom