Sunflower Seeds... what gives??

Quote:
Just pullin' your leg.
tongue.png
Ours were about as interested in them as rocks when we first showed them the seeds. We just left them laying around on the ground. They eventually caught on and love them now.

My chickens dont care for them either...yet. Maybe we should stick them in a freezer bag and pound them with a rolling pin to begin the cracking open process. Perhaps after that they will pick up on how to get them buggers open.

I'm going to do this right now. I so obsessed with feeding my gals treats! I might need a 12 step program!

i hear that! I was at the market tonight with my boyfriend and the cart was filled with chicken treats... and like 2 things for the house.

hes like... ok this is ridiculous

there was a research done on sunflower seed, fed sparingly, they're great for your birds feathers, fed too much however.. it'll weaken the eggshell.

Good to know,... too bad I cant get mine to eat them!

Im trying to get my girls feathers to grow back... I had a particularly vicious roo that I had to cull b/c of it. Now my flock looks like its molting... but its not

I agree, mix it in. Sometimes the first couple times I gave them something they werent sure about it or down right afraid of it. Keep trying, they will get it.

Mine were reluctant to try them at first, too.
Now, there are hens that charge me when they see the bag. And otheres who are not so much fans.

My millies scarf them up like candy!

*Note to self, buy more sunflower seeds....

Back
Top Bottom