Super listless chicken! I dont want to lose her!

I have been trying to give her water out of a dropper but I'm afraid that I'll make her more tired by doing so.

Thank you so much for replying again, but we have been doing all of those things, that is why i am so baffled. Literally her only sympyom is extreme lethargy, and the rest of the flock are doing fine. I am just afraid of losing her...I've become quite attached to these little girls.
i am very sorry and i have become very attached to my girls too what you should try now it to get a tee shirt or towel and get cool water flowing put them in an area with the towel and start soaking the whole body gently if nthey struggle wrap the wet towel over them and keep checking how the body temp is doing if the comb remains cool after a little while then you can let it go with the other chickens and make sure you put the water on gently too fast could make it die of shock and i hope this helps

@casportpony might have some ideas and be able to tag others as well who might be able to help. In the mean time you could try putting her feet in cool (not cold) water. Heat stroke is a serious thing, so it could take her some time to feel better.

You do want to take this very slow. With people, ice packs on the pulse points (neck, underarms, groin) help cool down the blood. She has a very small body though, so I would go slowly. She could take a chill.

Net Tex poultry drops perked my diarrhoea suffering and sleepy hen up ...

Attachments

• 80ADA25B-173F-4ECC-86F7-47C2355DC4B1.jpeg
    80ADA25B-173F-4ECC-86F7-47C2355DC4B1.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
I continued to give her water and keep her cool yesterday, until it started to get dark I took her outside because the temperature outside was cooler. I checked her this morning and she seemed nice and perked up! When I tried to pet her she ran away too:) I think she'll be ok! Thank you so much for caring, and thank you for your advice!

I continued to give her water and keep her cool yesterday, until it started to get dark I took her outside because the temperature outside was cooler. I checked her this morning and she seemed nice and perked up! When I tried to pet her she ran away too:) I think she'll be ok! Thank you so much for caring, and thank you for your advice!
No problem! That’s what we are here for!

Back
Top Bottom