Super Loud Salmon Faverolle -- What can I do?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fxchick, Aug 17, 2008.

1. fxchick

fxchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm not quite sure where to post this -- we have 4 lovely backyard girls. 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Cuckoo Maran, and one Salmon Faverolle -- Peepers.
    Peepers is my first Faverolle so I don't know if her behavior is normal for her breed or not -- she clucks clucks clucks all day long and she is super loud!
    My boyfriend is always yelling at me to keep her quiet -- he's afraid what the neighbors will say or what we will do when they complain. But she is so unlike all the other birds or any birds I had before I'm stumped.
    She doesn't appear to be in ill health of any kind, she hasn't lost weight, lays pretty regularly (although her shells do tend on the thin or soft side and I have had a couple of eggs from her that seemed to come out before the shell had hardened or fully formed). She eats and drinks and eliminates like the other girls. Sometimes in the afternoon I do see her breathe through her mouth -- even when it's not crazy hot out, but other wise I don't see anything that makes me think she isn't well. All of the girls cluck pretty loudly around egg laying time, but Peepers will just stand in the middle of the yard and cluck at the top of her lungs for no apparent reason -- any ideas fellow chicken lovers?

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    my fav's are super noisy it may just be the breed.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by