Super new and needin some help

dkellis87

Hatching
Feb 22, 2016
I have a chinese knobhead gander and a white emden goose. We got them as babies last year and this morning we found her first egg. We candled it this afternoon and didnt see anything. Will she be able to hatch this in these cold temperatures? How do we know if these eggs are fertile or will become fertile? What happens next if or when it becomes fertile? I just need any information that anyone can help me with in this very new experience.

I have a chinese knobhead gander and a white emden goose. We got them as babies last year and this morning we found her first egg. We candled it this afternoon and didnt see anything. Will she be able to hatch this in these cold temperatures? How do we know if these eggs are fertile or will become fertile? What happens next if or when it becomes fertile? I just need any information that anyone can help me with in this very new experience.
@dkellis87 Welcome to BYC

Have you seen any mating yet? once they begin to mate the eggs will be fertile but I would just take the eggs till it warms a bit more so when goslings hatch they have a better chance of survival with warmer temps. like April. Once it warms up let her gather a clutch that means you don't take any more eggs, she'll probably get 8-9 or more before she goes broody once she goes broody you begin to count 28-30 days till goslings. Dad will be a big part of this so don't think you have to keep him from the mama or goslings.

@dkellis87
   Welcome to BYC

Have you seen any mating yet? once they begin to mate the eggs will be fertile but I would just  take the eggs till it warms a bit more so when goslings hatch they have a better chance of survival with warmer temps. like April. Once it warms up let her gather a clutch that means you don't take any more eggs, she'll probably get 8-9 or more before she goes broody once she goes broody you begin to count 28-30 days till goslings. Dad will be a big part of this so don't think you have to keep him from the mama or goslings.

Back
Top Bottom