super runny poop & no eggs..what's going on??

xxadrixx

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
Downey
I have 2 BRs they are almost 6 months old. Nuggets waddle and comb started getting really red and got larger a good two weeks or more before Bouillon. So we thought Nugget was older or at least she seemed to develop earlier. Now Bouillon has been laying eggs for about 2 or 3 weeks but Nugget hasn't layed at all yet. I was thinking I shouldn't worry yet, chickens probably vary a bit in development..but now she seems to be pooping all watery. There's almost nothing sollid at all, this has been for at least 4 days so I'm getting worried I don't know if the not laying and runny poo are connected or totally different. I got some antibiotics that the feed store recommended in case the runny poo is a bacterial infection, so I'm starting that today. Any ideas? I'm a newbie chicken owner so any advice would greatly be appreciated

No it's definitely poo. I tried to soak her toosh in warm water and get it off..it helped a little but not much and now a day later it's just as bad again.
Nugget seems to be acting, eating and drinking as usual. She's not lethargic or anything, when I go pull weeds she comes running as usual to help me and find worms, she finds and gobbles them up so fast Bouillon never even gets many..she seems to be herself. I feed them certified organic layer crumbles by modesto milling from Kruse. I don't notice anything in her poop like worms or anything moving. I was counting the weeks iagain and they are i belive 22 weeks old so..that might be fine that Nugget is not laying yet right? I mean I know the watery poop is def a problem

Wow, that poop chart is awesome...really! I had issues with sick chickens a few weeks ago, and Ive been paranoid about everything ever since... I had seen some stools that were, what I was afraid was runny, but apparently are in the "normal" range, which is awesome!

thx, ya i looked at the chart. It does look exactly like the "Watery" picture which says sshe may be hot or not eating enough. She can't really be hot because its been cool and rainning actually since it started and the following 4 days. . . . or if she is hot that's really bad b/c why id she hot w/ this weather? I guess i'll have to watch her a little more to see if she's eating less but it doesn't seem like it b/c i'm having to fill up the food as usual.

Does she have runny poop all the time or just what you have seen. I know my girls have at least one runny poop a day I think on the chart it talks about the different poop of the day. Good luck and I would wait on the antibiotics until you know something is wrong for sure. No need to give antibiotics if there is nothing wrong.

ya i did see that, super interesting the diff poops of the day lol. but it does seem to be all the time now. it never was like this before. for example where they sleep at night i would usually clean the poop out every wk and there would be a good amount a small pile but now theres just a small pile on Bouillon's side and Nugget just has a muddy puddle. they never have had their butts all crusted and full of poop on their feathers before now hers has been like that almost a wk and it won't come of and doesn't seem to get better (just Nugget)

Back
Top Bottom