Super special duck

Thanks Lydia. Really though, how could I put down an otherwise perfectly healthy gosling as long as he can walk at all? I have kept him walking, although he uses his wings (what their are of them) for balance.
He is very careful with the goslings while in the playpen: They love him and as soon as he lays down scamper over and use his back as a pillow.

Here are a couple pictures of Griffin, as our daughter named him (the camera angle makes the goslings look smaller than they actually are). You can see his splint in the second photo and the purple by his feet is his hobbles.

I just hope the OP is able to get her sweet little duck a bit more mobility.

I understand completely, so precious!!
love.gif

Gimpy is getting worse everyday, We tried calling Beaks they said put him down we said no they said call Florida Wildlife and no return call he just lays with his head under his wing. He eats and drinks with our help but it has to be hard on him so I am trying to think of a sling to build to hold him up so he is not always laying down then will try to figure out some type of something to get him mobile. He is full of life his body just appears to not work with him, he does not seem to be in pain and likes when we come to visit him for food water outside time. So for now I dont have the heart to put him down. He is part of our little rescue and has long has he seems to eat drink and not be in pain we will continue to try to help him the best we can.

So sorry to hear this
hit.gif
He is now walking/flying pain free! You guys showed him what love was all about! It's the whole point of rescuing an animal! Ling, like Gimpy, has taught me so much! May he rest in peace! And hugs to you and your family
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom