Super Sweet Rescue Rooster - Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Apr 13, 2020
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I rescued a stray rooster, who’s currently in my garage with a little temporary coop set up. We think he’s a bantam Araucana, about the size of my hand. Feathers are iridescent black. Healthy for the most part, but does have poultry lice, and possibly mites (I’m checking tonight). So he would need treatment. He’s very docile and sweet, pretty quiet, no crowing so far, very cuddly and trusting. He’s quite beautiful. If anyone in Louisiana/Southwest Mississippi is interested, please pm me!!! No rehoming fee, willing to drive within reason.

I’m starting some treatments today as well. He’s going to get a bath, garlic water, and some electrolytes and vitamins. Also trying to find some other treatment options. Doing everything in my power to help him, but I cannot keep him.

1598911184512.png

Aw, he looks like just a little boy! I think I am getting called to work on hurricane relief on Saturday but I could come up on Sunday, does that work for you? If so please DM me and we can figure out some details
One of my neighbors decided to keep him. I’m driving him over there today. If for some reason that doesn’t work out, I will let you know ASAP :) thank you!

Back
Top Bottom