Super weird duck egg….

Quarterhorses1

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Jan 18, 2022
Pls help! What the heck is this??? It was very soft but smelled odd. I have female ducks and one drake. The drake does breed them but not many eggs are fertile. Thx!
06B1DA03-94B4-4074-86D0-4E73C9F31B40.jpeg

Oh that's weird! It's not the right color for a meat spot, and it's giant, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

Do you still have it?
Can you separate the thing from the yolk?
Carefully and intact if possible, put on a white paper towel, take some photos.
Then see if the thing can be spread out or unfolded, take photos.
Then more photos:D

I have a suspicion it's a piece of Follicle. I'd be interested to see if that's what it is.
See in a) how that yolk (ovum) is incased in a red casing with blood vessels? That line that is running around there, the yolk will drop from there, the casing with blood vessels basically shrivels, but I think it's a piece of that. It's the Follicle, but I would also say that a shriveled Follicle piece in an egg could be considered a meat spot (made out of chicken ain't it?😂)
You may find more (or not!) in the next egg. Who knows. Chickens and Ducks are complicated.

1679888404959.jpeg

Ref https://www.researchgate.net/figure...-the-stigma-already-apparent-b_fig2_265088573

Do you still have it?
Can you separate the thing from the yolk?
Carefully and intact if possible, put on a white paper towel, take some photos.
Then see if the thing can be spread out or unfolded, take photos.
Then more photos:D

I have a suspicion it's a piece of Follicle. I'd be interested to see if that's what it is.
See in a) how that yolk (ovum) is incased in a red casing with blood vessels? That line that is running around there, the yolk will drop from there, the casing with blood vessels basically shrivels, but I think it's a piece of that. It's the Follicle, but I would also say that a shriveled Follicle piece in an egg could be considered a meat spot (made out of chicken ain't it?😂)
You may find more (or not!) in the next egg. Who knows. Chickens and Ducks are complicated.

View attachment 3445544
Ref https://www.researchgate.net/figure...-the-stigma-already-apparent-b_fig2_265088573
I don’t still have it, but I did separate it. No pics tho 🙁 it was extremely soft and broke in half cleanly upon a single touch

Back
Top Bottom