1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Supper Table Insights

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sparkles2307, Aug 30, 2011.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

My youngest told me in a very serious tone the other night "Mom. We need to get Emma a dad dog quickly so she can lay some babies."

What a pearl.

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I love that. [​IMG]

My youngest was talking about the dog this morning. "He's so cute. Look at those big things that hang down on his mouth." I told them they are called flews. "They should be called flaps!"

Yes, yes they should.

3. sparkles2307

Teehee!!!!!

4. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    [​IMG] Lay some babies! poor child has been around chickens too long!
    I caught my 3 yr old DD once balancing on the back of the couch doing a tightrope demo...
    After I yelled "Becky, what are you doing??????" She replied in a very calm voice......"mommy this is VERY dangerous! never never try this at home" [​IMG]

5. sparkles2307

haha did you explain that she WAS at home?

6. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Oh, the things kids say. Another good one from youngest DS while his ear was firmly planted on a horse's side - "Mom, I can't hear his heart beeping!"

No matter how many times we tell him it's "beating", he always says "beeping". Cracks me up every time, too.

7. brx017

brx017 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Taylorsville, NC
    My wife and I had our first child 10 weeks ago... Baby Delia was 3 weeks early and only 5lbs 2oz. My little 4 year old cousin Chandler came to the hospital to see her for the first time. His mom was helping him hold her, and he said in the cutest voice "She's as little as a pickle". A few seconds later he looked at me, grinned and said "She's as cute as a weenie!" I just died laughing. [​IMG]

8. sparkles2307

Quote:That kid likes food!

Speaking of Pickles, 2 summers ago we were not allowed to Cal Danno "Danno". He only responded to "Pickle Boy" for 4 solid months.....

9. sparkles2307

Quote:COngrats on the new baby BTW! Enjoy, it goes fast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by