Supplements/vitamins ect

Tooattached

Chirping
Jan 3, 2021
Texas
Is there stuff that I could be adding to their feed and water to help keep them healthy
They are a lil over 9 weeks and they r on starter/ grower(purina) they have gran-I-grit and they get corn worm and green veggies leftovers. But after reading a lot about the crop digestion and possible need for surgery I’m thinking I should be chopping them up because I saw a few of my girls not trying to bite pieces instead swallowed it whole .....
But back to vitamins n minerals ect
I heard here to add apple cider vinegar
What else ?
Thank you for ur time

My go-to is pour 1 envelope each save a chick probiotics and save a chick electrolytes into a rinsed milk jug, fill that with warm water and shake. Then put the unmedicated chick crumble (Purina Flockraiser) in a large flat dish and moisten it from the jug. Serve it warm. Place the chicks in the dish and cluck at them while pointing to the food 😄

My go-to is pour 1 envelope each save a chick probiotics and save a chick electrolytes into a rinsed milk jug, fill that with warm water and shake. Then put the unmedicated chick crumble (Purina Flockraiser) in a large flat dish and moisten it from the jug. Serve it warm. Place the chicks in the dish and cluck at them while pointing to the food 😄

[/QUOT

I kind of did that when I first got them didn’t combine the two but yeah I tried to cluck and tap lol i think it helped after their travel
They 9-10 weeks old now and I just want to make sure I’m giving them all they need to be healthy and hope to avoid mistakes if I can

Healthy birds don't need anything added, their feed includes all the nutrition they need.

Electrolytes, vitamins etc are appropriate if you're treating certain health issues, lethargy, stress, etc.
Ok. Supporting gut health just gives me better results. When I used medicated feed I’d get chicks with stargazing, slipped tendons and death due to failure to thrive. I quit using medicated feed when I found out amprolium suppresses coccidia by blocking vitamin B. Much easier to support their gut health and use Corid for coccidia when needed (once so far).

Back
Top Bottom