Suppose to be Delawares...but

pinkchick

"Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"
13 Years
May 30, 2008
Washington State
ok..bought these 5 little beauties 3-12 -09. They were 1.5 weeks old. Suppose to be Delawares but I have my suspisions, shouldn't they have some black coloring by now?
Are they leghorns? They are extremely flightly no matter how much they are handled.

What do you all think?

11170_imgp3864.jpg

Not delawares, I don't think they are leghorns either, I believe they would have a larger comb and are more slender.

Could they be white rocks? They appear to have white skin.

They look a lot like a couple of my Delaware X RSLs... How old are they? I could be wrong in my calculations, but if they were a week and half old just 3 weeks ago, they shouldn't be so well feathered out. My 5-6 week olds aren't nearly that well dressed. They look a little heavier than my Leghorns, but it could just be the way they're standing.

I agree with CovenantCreek - they do look older than 1 month old.

I'm not sure what breed they are, but they look similar to my leghorns (7 weeks of age).
19548_white_leghorns.jpg

19548_leghorn-8weeks.jpg

My leghorns have yellow legs -- I can't tell the color of your chicks in the photo. If your chicks are leghorns, the ones pictured are definitely females.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses!
I was thinking when I bought them that they were feathered out way more than week and a half.
They do have nice golden yellow legs and one is definately a roo, his comb is bigger and deep pink and he has bigger wattles and they are very red.
They really are a very slender bird. I sold 3 of them yesterday because I just didn't want anymore leghorns. They are just to flightly for my coop. The one that is in my laying flock just causes an uproar everytime someone goes into the coop.
I have to admit that they do lay wonderfully and nice big eggs.

Back
Top Bottom