Supposed to be a pullet from TSC, but wondering if a roo?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sunflowergirl, Mar 29, 2012.

  1. Sunflowergirl

    Sunflowergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

    456
    10
    118
    Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    I got a chick from the pullet bin at TSC. However, I am wondering if its behavior is indicating it is a roo? It is the most aggressive of the 3. It likes to jump up on top of the EcoGlow and then chirp as loudly as it can!!! Would that lead one to think it will be a roo? It is only about 3 days old.
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this! [​IMG]


    Ok, Editing to add picts! The yellow one is the one in question. She/he was in the pullet bin with the red one. Also, I don't know what any of these are as far as breed! Any ideas on that?

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. gapeach717

    gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,094
    35
    158
    Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    3 days is awfully early, but maybe the veterans can help? I know pics are always helpful!!
     
  3. Sunflowergirl

    Sunflowergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

    456
    10
    118
    Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    Thanks! I will try to get up some picts!
     
  4. billyb

    billyb Chillin' With My Peeps

    337
    1
    103
    Mar 17, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    If they said it hen a hen then there is a 5 percent chance that it is a rooster, because in Ohio TSC gets there chicks from mt. Healthy hatchery and they have trained sexers to sex the birds. But 95 percent of the chicks are the right sex. My one chick also did that too, and she is a hen. But she is the kind of hen that says look at me! Haha.
     
  5. Coop de Grille

    Coop de Grille Chillin' With My Peeps

    682
    15
    143
    Apr 24, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have one month olds that I bought at Tractor Supply and one of them turned out to be a roo. He has a big red comb already and stands tall like a roo. He stands out like a sore thumb in my 22 babies.
     
  6. Sunflowergirl

    Sunflowergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

    456
    10
    118
    Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    Cute! This one definitely does that!!!
     
  7. Sunflowergirl

    Sunflowergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

    456
    10
    118
    Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    Ok, I went back and edited my original post with some pictures.
    Here is one more of the three. Wondering what they are!
    [​IMG]
     
  8. billyb

    billyb Chillin' With My Peeps

    337
    1
    103
    Mar 17, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    Chicken_S,
    It still can be a rooster because there is still that 5 percent... But my friend got chicks and one of them for sure was a rooster because it was maturing way to fast. But it turned out to be a hen, and it lays the best eggs out of all of them. Haha!
     
  9. goldnchocolate

    goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

    776
    4
    143
    May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't know what they are but they sure are cute!!! [​IMG] Murray McMurray has pretty good pictures showing what each breed looks like as a chick, in case you want to check it out.
     
  10. Coop de Grille

    Coop de Grille Chillin' With My Peeps

    682
    15
    143
    Apr 24, 2010
    South Carolina

    Wow, maybe mine will turn out to be a hen too! Can you spot him?? lol..

    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by