Supposed to be a pullet from TSC, but wondering if a roo?

Sunflowergirl

Songster
8 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Quitman, Texas
I got a chick from the pullet bin at TSC. However, I am wondering if its behavior is indicating it is a roo? It is the most aggressive of the 3. It likes to jump up on top of the EcoGlow and then chirp as loudly as it can!!! Would that lead one to think it will be a roo? It is only about 3 days old.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!
smile.png

Ok, Editing to add picts! The yellow one is the one in question. She/he was in the pullet bin with the red one. Also, I don't know what any of these are as far as breed! Any ideas on that?

Last edited:
If they said it hen a hen then there is a 5 percent chance that it is a rooster, because in Ohio TSC gets there chicks from mt. Healthy hatchery and they have trained sexers to sex the birds. But 95 percent of the chicks are the right sex. My one chick also did that too, and she is a hen. But she is the kind of hen that says look at me! Haha.

If they said it hen a hen then there is a 5 percent chance that it is a rooster, because in Ohio TSC gets there chicks from mt. Healthy hatchery and they have trained sexers to sex the birds. But 95 percent of the chicks are the right sex. My one chick also did that too, and she is a hen. But she is the kind of hen that says look at me! Haha.

Cute! This one definitely does that!!!

Chicken_S,
It still can be a rooster because there is still that 5 percent... But my friend got chicks and one of them for sure was a rooster because it was maturing way to fast. But it turned out to be a hen, and it lays the best eggs out of all of them. Haha!

I don't know what they are but they sure are cute!!!
love.gif
Murray McMurray has pretty good pictures showing what each breed looks like as a chick, in case you want to check it out.

Chicken_S,
It still can be a rooster because there is still that 5 percent... But my friend got chicks and one of them for sure was a rooster because it was maturing way to fast. But it turned out to be a hen, and it lays the best eggs out of all of them. Haha!

Wow, maybe mine will turn out to be a hen too! Can you spot him?? lol..

Back
Top Bottom