Supposed to be a splash OEGB...

poppycock1974

Songster
Mar 2, 2015
Jacksonville FL
IMG_9495.JPG
IMG_9496.JPG
IMG_9497.JPG
I have an 11 week old pullet that has been identified as a splash old English game bantam. Everything says it but there's almost no comb. It looks exactly like my two sebright combs. Is that normal or is she mixed?

she is mixed, a purebred OEGB will have a straight comb
th

this is a fawn grey purebred OEGB, all credit goes to the owner of the bird as this picture is from online

That is odd because I got them at tractor supply and I thought they ordered them from hatcheries. Anyway, I do have a standard old English game who has a normal comb but she was older when I rescued her so I was waiting on my little ones comb to pop, it just hasn't so I started wondering

That is odd because I got them at tractor supply and I thought they ordered them from hatcheries. Anyway, I do have a standard old English game who has a normal comb but she was older when I rescued her so I was waiting on my little ones comb to pop, it just hasn't so I started wondering
sorry about that, it is one of the biggest traits of the Old English to have straight comb, I have never heard of a rose comb one before

Do you know which hatchery? Cackle has blue/black/splash rosecomb bantams,

Back
Top Bottom