Supposed to be Pekins

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
One is CLEARLY a Pekin. Big poofy cheeks, grew fast, yellow legs, fluffy. The other two are much smaller and now their white is turning brown and they do not have poofy cheeks. Any ideas? I don't really care, but would like to know what they are.

14951_anotpekin.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, definetly fawn and white runners! You'll notice that they stand up very straight.
Here is a pic of my runner boy! (He isn't exactly show quality but he is pure bred!
smile.png
)
34412_my_pets_168.jpg

Ok, CAN THEY FLY????? There is no top on the coop because they were supposed to be pekins.

ETA: Ok I found out they cannot fly and do not waddle. I also found out they are on the watch list because there are few than 5000 breeding pairs is the US. Who'd a thunk it?

Last edited:
Quote:
Debi debi debi debidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebi!

hasn't a teached you anythings??...oh?, no?

ok then...young runners can fly short distances, then at about 6 or so months, they just...stop...atleast the drake I had did.

Quote:
Debi debi debi debidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebi!

hasn't a teached you anythings??...oh?, no?

ok then...young runners can fly short distances, then at about 6 or so months, they just...stop...atleast the drake I had did.

lau.gif
We never read any further because they were supposed to be pekins. Then the one got to be twice their size and we thought "Maybe they aren't dirty".
gig.gif

Quote:
Really?!?! I have like three breeding pairs, LOL. Does that make me cool?
LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

I got the information from runnerducks.net Some international association for runner ducks. I tend to seek information with each breed of animal I have. I was watching them today while we made their pond, and it dawned on me they look WAY different.
roll.png
Duh.

Back
Top Bottom