Supposed to be Pekins

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by debilorrah, Jun 21, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

One is CLEARLY a Pekin. Big poofy cheeks, grew fast, yellow legs, fluffy. The other two are much smaller and now their white is turning brown and they do not have poofy cheeks. Any ideas? I don't really care, but would like to know what they are.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  2. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Songster

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    The one looks like a fawn & white runner. I have 3 of them. They are cute ducks yu have there tho.

3. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    fawn/white runners [​IMG]

4. DuckFanatic

DuckFanatic Songster

Jun 15, 2009
    AZ
    Yup, definetly fawn and white runners! You'll notice that they stand up very straight.
    Here is a pic of my runner boy! (He isn't exactly show quality but he is pure bred! [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

Ok, CAN THEY FLY????? There is no top on the coop because they were supposed to be pekins.

ETA: Ok I found out they cannot fly and do not waddle. I also found out they are on the watch list because there are few than 5000 breeding pairs is the US. Who'd a thunk it?

6. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Debi debi debi debidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebi!

hasn't a teached you anythings??...oh?, no?

ok then...young runners can fly short distances, then at about 6 or so months, they just...stop...atleast the drake I had did.

7. debilorrah

Quote:Debi debi debi debidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebidebi!

hasn't a teached you anythings??...oh?, no?

ok then...young runners can fly short distances, then at about 6 or so months, they just...stop...atleast the drake I had did.

[​IMG] We never read any further because they were supposed to be pekins. Then the one got to be twice their size and we thought "Maybe they aren't dirty". [​IMG]

8. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Really?!?! I have like three breeding pairs, LOL. Does that make me cool?
    LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

10. debilorrah

Quote:Really?!?! I have like three breeding pairs, LOL. Does that make me cool?
    LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

I got the information from runnerducks.net Some international association for runner ducks. I tend to seek information with each breed of animal I have. I was watching them today while we made their pond, and it dawned on me they look WAY different. [​IMG] Duh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: