Supposed to be Pullets

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mtstringer, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mtstringer

mtstringer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi all,
    These were supposed to be pullets but I think not. They are about 19/20 weeks old. Please follow my link to their photos and give me feed back. I am not allowed Roosters in my area.

Thanks

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/mtstringer/

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    We really need full body shots, showing hackles and saddles, legs, and general conformation. At 20 weeks with just those head shots, I am not certain. I think you are very safe with 3 and 4, but to me 1 and 2 are questionable.

3. somadlyinlove

somadlyinlove Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd agree need more pics. some of the combs are bigger than my BR hen and she is 14 months but can't be sure just by combs

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

5. melroseladi

melroseladi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Melrose, Florida
    They look like my 21 week old BR who laid her first egg today. I got 2 BR last week at 20 weeks old. The breeder had several pullets and roos that were hatch mates. The roosters were massive, big and beefy with very large combs and waddles, and lighter color barring then the pullets. Based on what I saw I would venture to guess that by 20 weeks old if they were roos you would probably know it.

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Judging by the dark barring, I would say all pullets. Barred Rock roosters are lighter in color. Some pictures of the whole body would be nice, though.

7. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    They all look like pullets to me. I think you would know by now if you had a roo.

8. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Quote:x2

9. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I would agree pullets based on coloring and lack of crowing. I can't see a BR making it to 20 weeks without a crow [​IMG] But body shots would help confirm.

10. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    you are surely getting some eggs from these well combed pullets, all pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by