Supposedly Barnefelders and Wyandotts...

I'm sure none of them are Wyandottes, and they probably aren't even half-Wyandotte.
Wyandottes are all supposed to have rose combs, and those birds do not. Because rose comb is dominant, it also shows up in Wyandotte-cross chicks.
This is true most of the time, but hatchery quality wyandottes can have a copy of the single comb gene or even have a single comb due to bad breeding techniques, which can pass on to their offspring.

Sorry not sure how to quote WaveyCreek!
Mine both just lay a mid brown colored egg,which I think is normal for Cuckoos, one is sometimes slightly speckled but definitely not the lovely rich dark brown that Black Copper Marans lay ,they both lay well though and are now coming up to 4 years old 🙂

Sorry not sure how to quote WaveyCreek!
Mine both just lay a mid brown colored egg,which I think is normal for Cuckoos, one is sometimes slightly speckled but definitely not the lovely rich dark brown that Black Copper Marans lay ,they both lay well though and are now coming up to 4 years old 🙂
To quote, you hit the reply button under that person’s message.
Took me a while to figure out...

Ok, all you helpful chicken people!
I’m gonna go with this as a working theory:
Henrietta and Gonzalo are part Cuckoo Marans. Friendly (and Speckles RIP) are part Delaware, possibly Snow White as well, unless she is white Rock, and Becky would then have those two breeds, plus whatever other breeds are involved, in her.

Back
Top Bottom