Surely, I'm not the only one....?

Quote:
I am a HUGE, Tony Stewart, fan. Do you think HD, will go with him as he is leaving Joe Gibbs Racing???? Lord I hope so, most of my wardrobe is "TS" t-shirts, lol. As a matter of fact I wore one to my neice's graduation last year,
lau.gif

Quote:
I haven't read all the posts yet.. but this one just cracked me up!!!!
lol.png
lol.png
I want to come to this party too!

And Home Depot hosting mixers? Heck... they don't have to do that... just go there and "shop" and do your own mixing! Just don't go after the one who looks lost and confused! HA! (j/k) My brother used to work at Lowe's... and he swore it was the local singles scene!
smile.png

I couldn't stand my wedding shower... I didn't know DH's family for very long... and my family/friends lived too far away..... so it was small thankfully, but a roomfull of people I barely knew made me uncomfortable. I didn't think it was necessary at all. I love getting gifts and everything but... I really didn't need 3 crock pots and 5 pyrex casserole dishes!!! Our wedding was the same thing... several repeat gifts that we couldn't use, and no gift reciept and tried returning to several stores and nobody would take them.

Two weeks ago I went to a great wedding.... (gift wise) because they only recieved two gifts, which were personal (handmade quilt w/ a personal message on it, and a blown up picture into a poster size and framed) everyone else gave them cards w/ cash.

Baby showers... well my first baby shower was waaaaaay blown out of proportion It was huge and I hated being center of attention in a huge room of people wanting to rub my belly.

For my 4th baby, the church we were attending put on a shower for us after the baby was born.. and I loved that. It was a surprise, and I had been on bedrest for the entire pregnancy so it was nice to go out and see everybody and introduce the baby. So it was more of a "welcome baby" party! It was couples, not just women. It was also kids. I just felt more comfortable with that. I think also because baby was the center of attention, not ME!!! And I don't think o fmyself as anti-social. But maybe I am?
wink.png

Quote:
My DH D.J.'s weddings and also officiates. As part of the D.J.ing... he has begun having family and friends submit messages on our website to the couple. He then turns them into a DVD w/ music and photos.... and plays it on "repeat" durin gthe reception. Then the couple keeps the DVD. They can watch their video for tips and well wishes forever! I love this idea, and so far it's been a hit. If we could just get more guests (family and friends) to submit messages on the website.

Back
Top Bottom