Surfers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantimna, May 31, 2010.

1. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Does anyone else surf?
    Here's a quick story of my surfing history.

I started quite young, but stopped about a year ago. After an accident of going right into a reef.
    I can still surf though it gave me shock. I sod my board and currently use my boogie board to try and surf on the river waves.
    Since I live in the inland of SA, surfing is not possibile. But now that we are moving to the sea, I've gotten a surfing board again and can't wait!

Have you ever surfed?
    Would you like to, and would you try?

2. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Songster

I live in San Diego, I don't really surf, but many of my friends do. I am near Carlsbad, Encinitas, etc. all famous areas for surf culture.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Why, yes I have...too old to do it now, but still feel my heart race at the sight of a good ride.... I lived in Fl as a teenager and loved hurricane season--Lived in CA as a young adult-that's some cold water around SF bay! Live in the SC mountains now....just call me a river rat!

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    You already know I did. The boys are taking lessons this summer, since I can't get in there and teach them. About the reef thing, everyone screws up at least once, at your age i ended up on some rocks, quite ungraceful, if i'd quit then, I would've lost 10 more years of surf.

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:Wow, I would scare myself to deaf if a hurricane came [​IMG]

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:Aunt Saddi, you should start again, it's good exercise and, and.......

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Baby steps dear, I have to learn how to swim again, all I can do now is a very slow backstroke.

8. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Oh, I surf A LOT!. So does my dad. We live (and surf!) by the famous Mavericks, some of the biggest waves in California!

9. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Crowing

Jan 12, 2010
    When I went to San Diego last year, I tried it....... but thats as far as I got. Had I been younger, and lived where I could surf, I'd have done it for sure! I love the beach and water.

10. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    I use to surf. DH surfs. He also owned a surf/skate shop. What a life. Now I am too busy and the water quality the past couple years have been yuck.

I am starting to get itchy to get in the water again. The weather has been fantastic, and I can hear the waves from the house. Yup, might have to see if the ol' wetsuit still fits. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by