Surprise baby shower plans? *Need advice!*

kargo

Songster
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Here's the background information.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2908670#p2908670

Last Thursday, I sent the following e-mail to a school administrator:
Hello, Mrs. H. I've been sititng home sick with the flu. As I was sitting here, I had an idea. It might be a little far-fetched, but I am really hoping I can get it approved. I was hoping you could help me with that. Here's my idea: I think we should throw a surprise baby shower for Mrs. W. I'm thinking that either the freshman class can decorate, plan, and attend (since she is one of our sponsors) or everybody can help out and come. I'm not sure which would be more convenient. Maybe the auditorium would be a good place since it holds so many people? These are just suggestions, but I'd love to make the whole thing a reality. I think it would be kind of fun. My mom says that right before Christmas break might be a good time to do it. I was also thinking perhaps SGA and maybe Mrs. T (since she's also a freshman sponsor) could help plan/decorate, ect.

Friday, I received this reply:
GREAT IDEA. We’ll talk more about it when you are able to come back to school. GET WELL SOON!

Mrs. H

What do you think? Appropriate or not? And here's the big question-What do you do at a baby shower, and how do you host a surprise baby shower for a teacher?

Last edited:
Get the adults involved but stay in it!!!! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you kiddo!!! PS, ask your mom about it. Tell her about the idea and let her know your involved and I'm sure she'd be happy to help out!

Being a guy, I can't tell you what goes on at a baby shower.. ive only heard bits and pieces. It's as much a mystery as the Illuminati are
smile.png

Quote:
smile.png
I did tell my mom. She thinks it is a cool idea.

Hehe.

I'm really excited. I think this could be nothing but fun.

I'm really excited. I had that meeting with her a few weeks ago. Tonight I received the following e-mail from my school administrator:
____,

We are moving forward with plans. We can have the shower Thursday, Dec. 10 immediately after school in the cafeteria. I have asked the following to help:

Coach K – Invitations

Mrs. G – Games

Miss H – Decorations

Mr. L in the cafeteria – Cake

Mrs. V – Collect donations for “large” gift

So… would you take the lead on making some large cards from poster board to have students sign?

We will ask everyone to bring a finger food to share or give a small donation toward food and we will provide drinks.

At the shower we will provide some index cards for “Helpful Hints”.

Let me know if you think of anything else.

--------------------------------
I'm really excited. I"m not sure what I should reply with, though. What do you guys think? Is it a privilledge to be on the comittee for planning this? Are they, in a way, treating me like an adult? I'm so excited. I can't wait to see Mrs. W's face! I just hope no one tells her I came up with the whole thing.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom