Surprise pullet breed?

Saxophonetiff

Chirping
Mar 29, 2021
706D4A8B-23C1-4074-B4CA-E7834401EA7E.jpeg

I’m just a beginner so I can’t offer much yet, but I’m really curious to see what others have to say. It amazing how much people know on this site!

He’s a gorgeous fellow! I’m curious how the Niederrheiner finished at butcher. I am trying them as meat birds and so far my experience is they are fast growing compared to bielefelder by a long shot. Would you mind sharing what you found?
Age at butcher, live versus dressed wt, and quality of meat?
I realize yours was a part of a meat bird package but would you order them again?
Thanks so much!!

I am still not completely convinced that she was a Niederrheiner. She grew just as big as my 6m lavender Orpingtons by 10w. I don’t have a grown out bielefelders so I can’t compare to that. Similar to most heavy meat breeds her legs were weaker and would look like they were going to buckle. She was always the first to the feeder. She did forage more than most meat only birds so her legs did work decently. She was my suprise bird so I enjoyed her meat but for almost $7 a bird from where I purchased my others I don’t think there was that much of a difference for the price. You could always get a roo/hen and hatch some. That would be worth it for the meat.
10w, around 7-8lbs dressed.

Attachments

• F2EA8D2A-9335-4D69-95F8-9B20E96AAE9C.jpeg
    F2EA8D2A-9335-4D69-95F8-9B20E96AAE9C.jpeg
    813 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom