Surprise velociraptor day

All the black with white caps

Attachments

• 20200107_114014.jpg
    20200107_114014.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 4
Our barred rocks are good and consistent layers. They are good assets to the flock too, higher in the pecking order, but not mean. Not broody either. We did not get them from Meyer, but BR are known to be good chickens overall.
i don't mind them at all, i purchased 2 intentionally i just didnt anticipate 3 more of my "rainbow" box having even more barred rock. 2 of my rainbow box were EE so really i got almost no variety (i ordered 6). Since theyre fulfilling the order youd think they would give the variety they advertise. I was looking forward to a variety and now i have 5 of the same...

i don't mind them at all, i purchased 2 intentionally i just didnt anticipate 3 more of my "rainbow" box having even more barred rock. 2 of my rainbow box were EE so really i got almost no variety (i ordered 6). Since theyre fulfilling the order youd think they would give the variety they advertise. I was looking forward to a variety and now i have 5 of the same...

understand that. Maybe they just had a lot of extra BR/EE that hatch!

When we looked at Meyer for ordering chicks (early 2018), I noticed in the specific assortments (rare breed, brown layers, etc) that they would have at least so many different breeds in those assortments. We ordered some of these assortments, but all were DOA when arrived (USPS mishandling). But from the looks of the chicks, we had quite a nice variety in the box. Maybe your next order can be specific assortments and you might get more variety. Flock variety is fun!

Is this the one you got?

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?prodID=APRF

I’m sorry. Totally understand the frustration. Although most of the assortments only say 3 or 5 different kinds right? I think this one says 5? So even though it’s frustrating, technically they did do as advertised. :/

Like Acre4Me said, they may have just had a lot of extra of those breeds unfortunately.

That said though, a lot of breeds look alike as chicks so you may end up with more variety as they get older. They are tons of breeds that are chipmunk chicks so that other one may be an EE or it may not and there’s a few other barred breeds too those others could be, although they’re most likely BRs. I hope they all grow into more of a variety for you though. :fl

For what it’s worth, EEs are all vastly different in both feather color and egg color so you should still get a nice variety among them even if they are both EEs. I have 3 EEs from them and they all look different.

understand that. Maybe they just had a lot of extra BR/EE that hatch!

When we looked at Meyer for ordering chicks (early 2018), I noticed in the specific assortments (rare breed, brown layers, etc) that they would have at least so many different breeds in those assortments. We ordered some of these assortments, but all were DOA when arrived (USPS mishandling). But from the looks of the chicks, we had quite a nice variety in the box. Maybe your next order can be specific assortments and you might get more variety. Flock variety is fun!

So sorry that happened. :( that sounds awful! :hit :hugs

I’ve ordered chicks from them twice now as well as hatching eggs and never had any problems but I guess it depends.

Yup, thats the link i used... i ordered 6, i agree youre right i just anticipated (perhaps wrongly) that they wouldnt throw in even more of what i already ordered. Hoping the puffy cheek ones are Easter eggers and maybe the 5-pack wont all be BR. Ive done surprise boxes from other websites before and was always so pleased, based on their awesome reviews i expected this to be the same... just bummed. We ordered 11, we didnt anticipate having more chickens then that so they could be raised together as a flock so we dont have room to add a few fancier ones we had hoped for

Back
Top Bottom