Surprise velociraptor day

daviechik

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2012
Plantation Acres
We got the rainbow female mix from meyer and working on figuring out what we got. 12 were delivered, 3 are buff orphington and 2 are barred rock for sure (what we ordered in addition to the rainbox box) we seem to have at least 5 barred rock in the group, was hoping to not have so many (since I ordered 2 of them) of one type but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One of the black ones have a solid head, feathered legs and eyeliner. Guessing cochin or black maran?

Guessing easter egger for the one with speckled face/fluffy feathers near its face and not sure on the mostly dark brown one... light yellow im guessing leghorn?

Attachments

• 20200107_113315.jpg
    20200107_113315.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200107_113543.jpg
    20200107_113543.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200107_113420.jpg
    20200107_113420.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200107_124628.jpg
    20200107_124628.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200107_113513.jpg
    20200107_113513.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
The extra barred ones could possible be male sexlinks, put in the box as packing peanuts to keep their buddies warn maybe?
Then i wouldnt have gotten the 6 females i paid for... they threw in 1 extra (also an apparent BR). I ordered 3 buffs, 2 br, and 6 assorted rainbow.

What we got:
3 buffs
2 br (plus 3 assumed br)
1 leghorn (assuming)
1 possible black maran/cochin
2 chipmunk colored

I like br and all but sheesh i didnt want 5 of them

I did email them before posting about it and before leaving a review on their website. I was hoping for a better resolution.... They stated theyre not BR but rather "barred rock, dominique, Black Jersey Giant, Black Australorp" based on the photos i provided (same ones posted here) Black jersey giants and dominiques were not available however for that shipping date as i wrote down all possible breeds for Jan 6 to help limit the possible combos for my assortment... even if they were, those breeds are all primarily black or look exactly like barred rock (still not a rainbow assortment) i didnt request money back, wouldve happily taken replacement birds but that wasnt offered either. They stated i was wrong, they are not all BR and that was the end of it. I subsequently cancelled my 3 pack of embden gosling order that was set for March and left a review. ‍im never one to complain but i am very disappointed and was looking forward to this shipment since before Christmas...

Aw I’m sorry they were so weird about it. :( seems like even if they were different breeds (which they don’t look like it), they still should have offered you a replacement or money back or something if you weren’t satisfied. :/

I don’t think that Australorps and JG have headspots either so unlikely to be them... could possibly be Dominique I suppose but they have a completely different comb type so I guess you’ll have to wait and see what they turn into.

And sometimes they say unavailable but leave a certain amount for the assortments I think but idk.

Hopefully they’ll grow up to be more of a variety than it looks like now though. :fl

I do wonder if you would have had more of an assortment if you’d ordered more rainbows instead of specific breeds? Although it seems like they should always give an assortment so idk.

I’ve always had great luck with them but sorry you didn’t. :(

Although I probably would have waited till they were older to be sure of what I had or didn’t have before reviewing but I totally get it. They all seem to have a headspot so either way, whether BR or not, they will definitely be barred and probably look similar. :(

Im sorry. :(

Back
Top Bottom