Surprise!

theron

Theron's Fowl Farm
10 Years
Nov 15, 2009
Midland, MI
I went out to let all of my birds out of their coops and I look in the goose coop and..... SURPRISE!!!!! Their was a pretty, large egg sitting right smack dab in the middle of the coop. This is my very first goose egg I have ever gotten. I know that usually the first eggs are not fertile but I still want to hatch it!
wee.gif
I am kinda debating though if I want to hatch it or blow out the insides to keep it forever.
he.gif
Maybe I will put it in the incubator and if it hatches I will keep the egg shell and if it doesn't make it maybe I could just blow out the insides if it isn't fertile! What do you think?
celebrate.gif

wee.gif
woot.gif
I just got my first goose egg yesterday. OMG soooo exciting. I'd say bator it...I'm going to. If it isn't fertile blow it out then..... (just do it outside...phewwww ewwww)

i put my first goose egg that was laid a week ago and i put it in the oncubator, and it is growing, so dont throw it away.

I agree with jack & mommy's duckies. My young goose eggs aren't fertile yet but she's only about six months old. Make sure you give them about ten days in the bator - they get a slower start than chickens.

jack & mommy's duckies :

wee.gif
woot.gif
I just got my first goose egg yesterday. OMG soooo exciting. I'd say bator it...I'm going to. If it isn't fertile blow it out then..... (just do it outside...phewwww ewwww)

There is a 3rd choice.....Ukrainian decorated eggs known as Pysanky are decorated eggs which have not been blown out but the egg yolk and white are allowed to dry up over time since the egg shell will allow allow water vapor to pass through it. This is best done where it is cool and dry (low humidity) It took 2 full years for my first goose egg to dry out this way and then I gold leafed it! ~gd​

Back
Top Bottom