Surprised by 2 Eggs!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by HyLinda, Sep 15, 2010.

1. HyLinda

HyLinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Warrens, WI
    I acquired my first guineas this June. I have 11 of them. I was very suprised to find 2 guinea eggs in the chicken run this morning. I thought they weren't supposed to lay any eggs until next spring. Will they lay every day like chickens? [​IMG]

2. Foghorn Mike

Foghorn Mike Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2009
    Virginia
    Now you have me wondering. I got mine in late June, they are 12 weeks now and I wasn't expecting any eggs until spring as well. So far I haven't seen any.

3. Larry33843

Larry33843 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2010
    Frostproof, FL
    I incubator hatched 27 guineas of 6 or 7 different colorage (new word) and have probably got 100 eggs from them. They started laying at 100 days. Those very first eggs were the size of quail eggs.

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Every time I find a new nest I keep my fingers crossed that I'll get some colors this time! I had all pearls till spring when I added a lavender keet (female) and 3 pieds (2 male) in June. I keep hoping something different will show up soon! lol

5. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    I don't understand the color genetics at all. I have three pairs and an extra pearl female. I probably hatched about 100 keets and almost all were pied maybe 7 were pearl and no lavender. I don't get it.
    Forgot to say my pairs are white, lavender and pearl.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by