Surprised by 2 Eggs!!!!!!

HyLinda

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 14, 2010
Warrens, WI
I acquired my first guineas this June. I have 11 of them. I was very suprised to find 2 guinea eggs in the chicken run this morning. I thought they weren't supposed to lay any eggs until next spring. Will they lay every day like chickens?
idunno.gif

Now you have me wondering. I got mine in late June, they are 12 weeks now and I wasn't expecting any eggs until spring as well. So far I haven't seen any.

I incubator hatched 27 guineas of 6 or 7 different colorage (new word) and have probably got 100 eggs from them. They started laying at 100 days. Those very first eggs were the size of quail eggs.

Every time I find a new nest I keep my fingers crossed that I'll get some colors this time! I had all pearls till spring when I added a lavender keet (female) and 3 pieds (2 male) in June. I keep hoping something different will show up soon! lol

I don't understand the color genetics at all. I have three pairs and an extra pearl female. I probably hatched about 100 keets and almost all were pied maybe 7 were pearl and no lavender. I don't get it.
Forgot to say my pairs are white, lavender and pearl.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom