Surreychicken

Surreychicken

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
Surreychicken....... Don't have chicks right now, used to when I lived on 264th. Came across your site while looking at Surrey by laws on chickens, also punched in Aldergrove and you site came up. Miss having chickens. Back then I worked night shift and on nice summer days would lay out on our lawn and the chickens would be poking around me and singing, so soul southing. I would like that experience again, but that looks bleak here in Surrey, too many restrictions. Also miss the rooster, In the morning when I wasn't home from work yet, I could always depend on the rooster to get the family up to start their day. They provide so many benifits besides eggs, not to mention getting rid of bugs. So, I am truly a fan. O, one more thing......when they stop giving us eggs, we have them for dinner.

Con;t from above. We also had 3 pigs. We named them after our neighbors whom had proven hard to get along with. A middle aged couple and teen age son. After supper each day we would bring the supper table scraps out, call the pigs by name as loud as necessary to be heard next door, It worked.... after about a year hearing their name called they finally moved away. Their landlord was happy too, un be known to us, there were problems there.

Back
Top Bottom