Surviving Minnesota!

Good evening all and Happy Fall!

It's been a busy couple of weeks in our little part of the world. Last weekend we had two birthday parties for DD who turns 9 today. Then I was gone for much of last week at a conference in Omaha. Otherwise work has been good and busy.

This weekend DW is working nights. DD is giving me fits today just generally being an ungrateful 9 y/o. The day was fine until I had the audacity to say that it was time for the new neighbor girl to go home. She'd been here for 4 hours, which was fine, but it was time for us to get a few things done here. All heck broke loose. I wasn't especially mad until DD started yelling me that her world was ruined because I made her friend go home for no reason and she can't watch TV or have electronics because she had taken a tablet without permission. So I sent her to her room until she could talk without screaming. She stayed there for two hours because she hated us....anyway, frustrating day. I do not look forward to a teen daughter. (No offense, Layers.)

Anyway the young cockerel looks like a keeper, though I wish he was a little wider across the back. The hens are done molting and finally laying again. The rooster looks like hell, but that's how it goes. Pullets still not laying...O expected they would be by now. Maybe I transitioned them to layer feed too soon. They're 23 weeks.

Just another day in paradise, I guess.
:hugsthis is just the beginning I'm sorry to say. . she will love you again in about 10 or 11 years :lol:

:hugsthis is just the beginning I'm sorry to say. . she will love you again in about 10 or 11 years :lol:

When does the feistiness exactly start. My red head is totally calm about stuff right now she does try to cry her way out of things. And freaks out that tears dont work on mom. We run a low electronics house. No tablet just a few gaming systems that require chores and school work be done and allotted TV time.

Current drama is girls make fun of her for not being allowed make up. But I let her dress and do her hair any way she wants. Including pink cat ears for a head band. Glitter body spray obnoxious nail polish and shimmer chap stick. She's 10 by the way.

Howdy folks. I was directed over here from Holm25 from the Minnesota page. I just got my first batch of chicks last Thursday. Lost 13 of 29, the remaining 16 are doing well.
I'm not sure what all I have (as I'm fairly certain I didn't get 100% of what I ordered) and the bulk of the order was "hatchery choice". The two I could ID, White Crested Polish didn't make it. The rest, well I guess I'll figure that out when they grow up!

I'm about 30 miles south of Bemidji.

Morning. A warmer morning here, later this week they are forecasting the nights to be around 30°.
I had my fair share of being made fun of in grade school. It sure has turned around now. I don't ever remember wanting to wear makeup at the age of 10, and as an almost 17 year old I still don't want to, it is a waste of time.
I have a vague idea of who I for sure want to take to Hutch, mostly younger birds though.

Here are some chick pictures from Friday.
Resized_20180921_100156_1562.jpeg
White Californians

Resized_20180921_095918_3019.jpeg

RSLs

:thumbsup

It's been a busy couple of weeks in our little part of the world. Last weekend we had two birthday parties for DD who turns 9 today. Then I was gone for much of last week at a conference in Omaha. Otherwise work has been good and busy.

This weekend DW is working nights. DD is giving me fits today just generally being an ungrateful 9 y/o. The day was fine until I had the audacity to say that it was time for the new neighbor girl to go home. She'd been here for 4 hours, which was fine, but it was time for us to get a few things done here. All heck broke loose. I wasn't especially mad until DD started yelling me that her world was ruined because I made her friend go home for no reason and she can't watch TV or have electronics because she had taken a tablet without permission. So I sent her to her room until she could talk without screaming. She stayed there for two hours because she hated us....anyway, frustrating day. I do not look forward to a teen daughter. (No offense, Layers.)

Anyway the young cockerel looks like a keeper, though I wish he was a little wider across the back. The hens are done molting and finally laying again. The rooster looks like hell, but that's how it goes. Pullets still not laying...O expected they would be by now. Maybe I transitioned them to layer feed too soon. They're 23 weeks.

I don't believe Your 9 yo hates you, but she is testing you. You did good sending he to her room:thumbsup , as letting her get away that behavior and disrespect will only make things get worse and worse. Nip that one in the bud while you can.

When does the feistiness exactly start. My red head is totally calm about stuff right now she does try to cry her way out of things. And freaks out that tears dont work on mom. We run a low electronics house. No tablet just a few gaming systems that require chores and school work be done and allotted TV time.

Current drama is girls make fun of her for not being allowed make up. But I let her dress and do her hair any way she wants. Including pink cat ears for a head band. Glitter body spray obnoxious nail polish and shimmer chap stick. She's 10 by the way.
Mine started around 9. But I'm sure a lot of my kid drama was situational due to life events specific to our family, dealing with a divorce and a father who was in and out of her life.
So I can't speak for everyone. .I pretty much disliked my parents from about age 12 to age 20. Wouldn't say I hated them but I didn't like them very much. BUT I would have never screamed at them and had tantrums. That wouldn't have ended well for me. :gig
And I don't remember crying so much like my daughter and step daughter did, and even my step son on occasion. That was shocking to me. There was a good 2 or 3 years raising them that it seemed like one of them was crying every night for one reason or another :th

It'll get better. I don't have daughters, though, so I can't offer any opinions on the raising of them. Just sons. My cousin has 4 daughters. They're close to my sons in age (we had our 7 kids in about 8 years). When they were little, we'd all get together for a weekend, either at our place or my cousin's. When those weekends would end, I would look up and say, "Thank you, Lord, for giving me sons." Lots of drama with her girls as they got close to teen years. They are all wonderful, decent human beings now, so there's hope for your girl.

A 10 year old doesn't need makeup.

Back
Top Bottom