Surviving Minnesota!

I found these popping up yesterday..

3748CDEC-CDB6-4426-BF2A-80AB2D59A722.jpeg
A644CFF0-1BA7-40D2-BE5A-4C0B6A1463FD.jpeg

Tiger lilies. @ejb3810 How are yours doing?

:lau

I am up to 7" between yesterday and what fell during the night. It is up to 14°F from a low of 12°F this morning.
We're prolly around that on snow--didn't take a ruler out, but it's windy and the snow is dry, so kind of hard to tell. It got down to 7° before the temp finally started to climb. Now it's up to 13°. :ya Supposed to get another 1-3".:idunno

We're prolly around that on snow--didn't take a ruler out, but it's windy and the snow is dry, so kind of hard to tell. It got down to 7° before the temp finally started to climb. Now it's up to 13°. :ya Supposed to get another 1-3".:idunno
Please bring the snow indoors and keep it isolated. There are others of us that do not want to catch your snow. We have recovered from snow and are happy and healthy now.

Be considerate and keep your snow to yourself.

@duluthralphie

I just got notice that my Saskatraz bees will be shipping on April 6. They will be over night by UPS.

It is a good thing that they are calling for 60°F starting Monday the 6th. It is also a good thing that I have their new hive prepared.

I have other bees coming through TSC but don't have any word on when they will ship. I did notice that they are still taking orders and have reduced the price by $10.

I kept meaning to mention this, but if you are planning to kill off your bees rather than over winter them, you will want to put a queen excluder between your two hive bodies to keep the queen in the lower body. It makes a mess when you have brood in the frames that you are trying to extract honey from. You want to have your honey extracting done before the weather gets too cold. Sugared honey is also very difficult to extract.

Back
Top Bottom