Surviving Minnesota!

@duluthralphie any comments on my chick hatch? Have yours ever hatched out so white?

Attachments

• 2B9DA8AC-A84E-40BE-9254-97A6AFBFB899.jpeg
    2B9DA8AC-A84E-40BE-9254-97A6AFBFB899.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 5
  • EFA690EA-0594-46D8-9186-9BCEAC554FA5.jpeg
    EFA690EA-0594-46D8-9186-9BCEAC554FA5.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 4
We have had some great rain! One night we had an electrical storm so vehement it was like day outside! Needless to say we didn’t sleep much, right now it’s getting really dark.....
image.jpg
the insect population was about the lowest I have ever seen for many weeks! With the rain came the state bird of course! But everything is green again!
I’m just sad it didn’t come in time to save the tadpoles! The poor things, we lost thousands in the creek And ditches that Dried up! and that’s just on our property......Our pond still had water, but I’m sure that’s were the Turtles moved to. sigh.
I’m happy to be back lawn mowing!
About three years ago I found a ground hornet nest while weed trimming.......I’ll never forget the experience 🤣

We are blessed to live on a peninsula surrounded by a swamp which is the backwaters of a river. So even if we get no rain we have plenty of mosquito hatching spots..

We have a 40% chance of rain this afternoon, which means no rain here.

We are having Grand daughter here for a few days. Pearl is loving her visit.

20CAD6FA-432A-4B02-BB6B-F85B70378BDA.jpeg
20CAD6FA-432A-4B02-BB6B-F85B70378BDA.jpeg

My SS hen has passed. I think she was egg bound. I am SS less.

I really don’t encourage them being with the turkeys, I don’t trust the Toms around little kids. One of the girls was “attacked” (her words) by a rooster. It had nothing to do with her chasing it.

The other one was pecked by a toad. The toad girls are friendly and follow people around, one of them loves to be petted. She asked if she should pick her up, I told her they aren’t use to being picked up. She tried, toad pecked. I guess toads are not into being picked up.

Back
Top Bottom