Surviving Minnesota!

How do you drain that do you use a pump?
Yes. I use the pond pump to empty most of the water and then use the smaller pump( it’s by the fake rock next to the fence) to lower it even more for a full empty out.
I also found using a plastic snow shovel works perfectly to get the gunk and extra water out. It went really fast.

Yes. I use the pond pump to empty most of the water and then use the smaller pump( it’s by the fake rock next to the fence) to lower it even more for a full empty out.
I also found using a plastic snow shovel works perfectly to get the gunk and extra water out. It went really fast.
I have a buried stock tank with a drain installed under ground. The drain is always getting clogged up. 🙄 The pump gets clogged too if I use it.
It's a mess. I have to use a broom and dustpan on a stick to get the bottom gunk out. I will never set up a duck pool like this again

I have a buried stock tank with a drain installed under ground. The drain is always getting clogged up. 🙄 The pump gets clogged too if I use it.
It's a mess. I have to use a broom and dustpan on a stick to get the bottom gunk out. I will never set up a duck pool like this again
Yeah. A raised one with a bottom drain would be the easiest to clean out. My setup isn’t the simplest to maintain, but I don’t mind. I have a koi pond that is essentially setup the same way. Unlike the duck pond the koi pond is only drained empty once a year. So maintenance is much easier.

Yeah. A raised one with a bottom drain would be the easiest to clean out. My setup isn’t the simplest to maintain, but I don’t mind. I have a koi pond that is essentially setup the same way. Unlike the duck pond the koi pond is only drained empty once a year. So maintenance is much easier.
If you leave the pond will the slime turn to penicillin or anything useful?

I would assume pond slime sells for more that dux do.

1649705059455.gif

Will be thinking about you tomorrow @jerryse

Hope everyone survived the storms last night, if you were in their path. Lots of high winds and lightening here yesterday, I haven't looked outside yet, I am sure we have branches down.

Going to get cold again, I am so ready for the nice weather to stay, as are my ducks and my garden who is dying to be planted.

Back
Top Bottom