Susquehanna Poultry Show ... So, how'd you all do?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by [email protected]@2four, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Well, I ended up leaving my birds to show at home (note to self: don't try again to wait to the last minute and think that you are going to get Polish crests clean the day before a show), but I did bring some Cuckoo Marans eggs and my sweet hens won grand champion of the egg contest! [​IMG] cdeans just told me. I left before they judged it, my toddler was just about done for the day by 1:00. [​IMG]

[email protected]@2four, very cool video! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to everyone. [​IMG] Next time I will have to try to find more BYCers. What show is next, Frederick? Does anyone do any of the VPBA shows?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. Congrats, Chrunchie!

I remember the toddler days. [​IMG] LOL love them, but wow, exhausting, and such a roller coaster. Happy, miserable. Calm, spazzing. [​IMG]

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Congrats, Crunchie!! I thought that leghorn roo won.

Love the video, [email protected][​IMG] very cool.. you are so techy. I want some of those white laced red cornish. They are neat. Maybe one day when we sell our 3rd of an acre homestead and get a real farm we can get some... One day [​IMG]

4. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Oh, champion of the Egg show, not the show! [​IMG] Hehe. Maybe I should clarify the original post....

5. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Yep, roller coaster just about sums it up...[​IMG]

Quote:You know what I want? Some bantam modern games. Hysterical looking little dinosaur birds!! Ohmagosh, so funny. I'd never seen one in person. Even my husband (the non-bird person in the family) thought they were cool.

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Well, winning the egg contest is just as honorable [​IMG]
    Good for you!

Does anyone know who won the show? I thought that bantam barred plymouth rock had it all.

7. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Crunchie-you have worked very hard for that with your years of selective breeding and probably no one deserved it more. A big thank you from the Cuckoos!! Holding their own.. (0:

8. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Thank you--but I have a lot more years to go. [​IMG] I've been doing this for a few years, there's quite a few folks out there who have been working with these guys much longer. But I think it is so cool that it was Cuckoos that won! [​IMG] My egg color is ok, good for Cuckoos, but there were definitely darker eggs there than mine (black coppers and wheatens and blues, definitely darker). But they judged it on a lot of other stuff besides color, too. It is actually very interesting, all of the other criteria they judge them on. It would have been interesting to hang around and see what the judge had to say.

9. [email protected]@2four, very cool video!!!

I really enjoyed the music - what was it?

had to laugh because i was looking to see more of BYC people

very nice just the same.

10. Congratulations all around!

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: