Susquehanna Poultry Show ... So, how'd you all do?

Well, I ended up leaving my birds to show at home (note to self: don't try again to wait to the last minute and think that you are going to get Polish crests clean the day before a show), but I did bring some Cuckoo Marans eggs and my sweet hens won grand champion of the egg contest!
celebrate.gif
cdeans just told me. I left before they judged it, my toddler was just about done for the day by 1:00.
lol.png

m@m@2four, very cool video! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to everyone.
smile.png
Next time I will have to try to find more BYCers. What show is next, Frederick? Does anyone do any of the VPBA shows?

Last edited:
Congrats, Crunchie!! I thought that leghorn roo won.

Love the video, M@M
smile.png
very cool.. you are so techy. I want some of those white laced red cornish. They are neat. Maybe one day when we sell our 3rd of an acre homestead and get a real farm we can get some... One day
smile.png

Quote:
Yep, roller coaster just about sums it up...
lol.png

Quote:
You know what I want? Some bantam modern games. Hysterical looking little dinosaur birds!! Ohmagosh, so funny. I'd never seen one in person. Even my husband (the non-bird person in the family) thought they were cool.

Well, winning the egg contest is just as honorable
big_smile.png

Good for you!

Does anyone know who won the show? I thought that bantam barred plymouth rock had it all.

Crunchie-you have worked very hard for that with your years of selective breeding and probably no one deserved it more. A big thank you from the Cuckoos!! Holding their own.. (0:

Quote:
Thank you--but I have a lot more years to go.
wink.png
I've been doing this for a few years, there's quite a few folks out there who have been working with these guys much longer. But I think it is so cool that it was Cuckoos that won!
big_smile.png
My egg color is ok, good for Cuckoos, but there were definitely darker eggs there than mine (black coppers and wheatens and blues, definitely darker). But they judged it on a lot of other stuff besides color, too. It is actually very interesting, all of the other criteria they judge them on. It would have been interesting to hang around and see what the judge had to say.

Back
Top Bottom