Susquehanna Poultry Show ... So, how'd you all do?

P@P@2four

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Port Deposit, MD
There were quite a few BYC'ers at the Susquehanna Poultry Show.

So brag already!!!
big_smile.png

My daughter Regan scored 1st for Cookie, a Red Pyle Hen so she won a ribbon and was happy. My other two children didn't do so well, but sold the two Red Pyle pullets with a cockeral and scored $10 so ... first they were happy and then they were sad (missed the girls and my son was upset because we sold them before the jr showmanship contest so he was bummed) and then they bought a trio of mixed buff/blue swede ducklings and were happy again. To be fair, we told them we were going to sell them at the show if possible, but at least they didn't name them yet!
big_smile.png

I entered a Pastel Call hen at the last minute after my SLW roo decided "love was in the air" and effectively removed my hen from competition. She placed 2nd RV but the hen that place 1st RV in my opinion had her beat before she showed. LOL!!!

My wife entered 10 silkies, but I'll let her do the bragging!!

Anyway ... it was great to be able to put faces to names for those that made it out. The best part ... I was actually given a EggCartons.com stress egg from someone who won the egg cartons in the raffle, so I guess that $8 wasn't wasted after all. I even got to play with it all the way home before one of my children confiscated it. Grrr...

It WAS great meeting all of you!!! I had quite a blast running around and putting faces and names to screen names!
wink.png
msbear--you are wonderful and SO sweet!! And your family is beautiful!!!
smile.png
Marlinchaser, thank you for my box! The craftmanship is by far amazing!
lol.png
Cdeans and Ddeans--great to see you both!!! I will down-load our group shot and post it on here!
smile.png

And as far as bragging goes, I don't do that P@P@2four, my love!
wink.png

Well, Tracey... I'll do some braggin
lol.png
My rosecomb roo did awesome. He took BB but lost out to a golden seabright pullet for best RCCL but Im still very happy. He screamed half the way home though... I guess he was not AS happy
tongue.png

There were no other columbians to go up against my girl for variety but there were quite a few cochins there that had cushions I could only dream about
hmm.png
I loved Burgess' whites and birchens.

I also enjoyed the frizzle white polish. I always thought they were goofy birds, but these were neat.

Who wound up winning it all? We couldn't hack it anymore. Wyatt was tired.. (I love having kids.. you can always blame it on them)
cool.png

I loved seeing everyone too. It was nice to have so many friends so far from home.

Yaaayyyy!! what a hoot. My son looks like he's ready to fall asleep and I look like Im 8 months prego instead of 4
hmm.png
Oh well, I don't even care anymore
lol.png

I wish we could have gotten everyone in. I keep hearing about Bycers who made came but didn't get to see anyone.

I am thinking the blonde on the left is a silkie person so she must be M@M@2for? Why? Big purse to carry brushes for silkies in!
tongue.png

MSBear on right because you said your son looks like he is going to fall asleep?

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL! Correct--that is me with my big bag and yes, that is Msbear on the right with the tired little boy!!!
smile.png
P@P@2four is behind me, Marlinchaser is in the red and black plaid, cdeans is in front in the green BYC sweatshirt, her husband, ddeans is behind her in the black BYC sweatshirt, the man in the tan jacket to the left of marlinchaser is Freds, and Kryptoniteqhs is in the white t-shirt behind Msbear!
wink.png

Oh thanks! that is nice! Now I know who is who!
smile.png
I cant view the video at home. I will view it later at the library or LSS. You really do look like a silkie person
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom