wink.png

Maybe you got a bad batch
hmm.png

Well that's a bummer for you.

I have had many BA, and never had a mean one yet,
wink.png

Maybe you got a bad batch
hmm.png

That is what I have been wondering because everyone goes on and on about how sweet they are and mine are just plain mean. If it makes any difference I got my two from Ideal.​

I got my BAs from Meyer and they are, if anything, too friendly.

Everytime I'm in with them, it's flap flap flap wham, a chicken on whatever part of your body is the most horizontal.

I really like them, they're personable, fearless, and friendly. A little too friendly.

I loved my speckled sussex. They're very curious and outgoing. Not flighty at all, but they are the first ones to discover the outter reaches of the property and the sneakiest setters. Twice one disappeared on me without giving any signs of being broody, then turned up 3 weeks later with her happy family. I scanned the property for them serveral times and couldn't locate them.

Mine were regulars of lovely creamy white eggs. Beautiful birds and I will get them again.

Thanks guys! This has really made my mind clear.
Sussex chickens and Australorp chickens sound like wonderful breeds!
smile.png
smile.png

My BA's are very sweet, loving birds who run to me for treats and just to check out what I'm doing. I will say they are a little noisy when they do their chicken happy dance after laying an egg. But that usually goes on for five minutes or so. Haven't had them go broody yet but I have a feeling one of them is about to. Great layers!!! I get at least 6 eggs a week from them most of the time. My girls free range like pro's so during the warmer months I barely buy layer feed because they eat so much free ranging.

i have one black australorp named ruby shes 22 weeks tommorrow i also got her from ideal shes super sweet not laying yet waiting for that shes a big girl very sturdy and not noisy at all she really doesnt make sounds she doesnt fight with the others um just all around a good hardy bird

Back
Top Bottom