Sussex Bantams ???

herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
I am wondering if anyone knows of any Bantam Sussex breeders (Speckled and Light) here in the USA. I know they are accepted by the APA so there should be some out there.

Thanks

Expanding AGAIN, are we??
lau.gif

Hello,
I am also looking for Light Sussex breeders in the US. I would be happy with bantams or standards. I have come up empty handed as well.

I used to breed & show Sussex in UK & had never seen any Sussex in US that I wanted to own..... until I saw these birds a few weeks ago.... I gather the chap paid quite a bit to get them into US from Aus.
Personally I'm not keen on buying day olds but they look like nice birds & in comparison with other Sussex available in US, I'd think they are worth the price.

Quote:
I am curious, Why do you think the Sussex is not as popular here in the US as it is in Australia and the UK? I would love to import some bantams one day.

Last edited:
I don't know why Sussex is not more popular in US. The light Sussex is possibly the most popular breed in UK. Sussex are a lovely breed....the perfect smallholders dual purpose breed...... Beautiful birds, good layers, good carcass, lovey mellow personality, great broodies.

I'm glad someone has brought some nicer Sussex into US.....I hope to be on the chap's waiting list later this year
big_smile.png

The only Sussex I used to have in bantam were the coronation......they were just the nicest little birds with really a nice size of egg. If you ever get the chance to import some decent Sussex bantam or otherwise please let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that Website. I so enjoyed it and the Videos. They live pretty close to me. I am going to have to save that one to favorites. That coronation color is beautiful. I like the Light Sussex too. They are the best I have even seen pics of.

I will! Do you have any photos of your Coronation Bantams? I bet they were stunning.

I don't have photos to hand....I have a CD somewhere with photos of our birds back in UK. We have moved house twice in a year; when I find it I'll see if I can find them.
Our little Coronation Sussex bantams were my daughter's tame pets, with names & gentle personalities.....they were the sweetest of birds...... I rather miss them.
sad.png

Unlike the Aussie Coronation Sussex which are lavender columbian, the British Coronation Sussex are blue columbian​

Back
Top Bottom