Suuny side up

1. Get pan hot over medium heat.
2. Coat pan with Pam or add butter.
3. Crack an egg into hot pan.
4. Cook until whites are no longer transparent & yolk is heated through.
5. Slide onto a plate, leaving the cooked side down.

Enjoy!

Easy over eggs are when you gently flip the egg & cook the other side. This will result in a firm, rather than runny, yolk.

thanx
big_smile.png

Quote:
It depends on the time in the pan. I don't eat runny yolks my kids do. They have to spend a long time in the pan for the yolk to be firm.

If you fry them in bacon dripping take the spatula and gently scoop the hot grease over the top of the egg to cook the whites. The yolk won't set quickly unless you break it. It is the same as over easy without risking the yolk to be broke. Some people still refer to it as sunny side up because it isn't flipped.

For reference -

Sunny side up = one side cooked.

Over easy (or runny) = cooked on both sides but yolk is runny while the egg white is completely cooked.

Over medium = cooked on both sides until the yolk is fairly thick but still a liquid.

Over hard = cooked on both sides until the yolk is solid.

Fried = eggs are fried on both sides with the yolks broken and cooked until set solid.

My brother-in-law, orders his eggs at a restaurant like,

I want 2 eggs over easy

NO RUNNY WHITE STUFF!
and then he says if you bring me runny white stuff I'm sending it back

but he's smiling and pleasant the whole time he's saying it

i flip it and turn off the pan, just enough to set the whites. My grandfather used to make them for me when i was a kid, he used lard and it made the edges all crispy
th.gif

Quote:
this post reminds me of how my 3 rd. old grand daughter explains how she wants her eggs , I asked . " Hannah you want scrambled eggs " ?, She said NO , Yolk in the middle .... and she is meaning over easy MAW MAW . duh !

If you're using a skillet with a lid, just add a dab of water in the skillet and cover it till its done. The water will steam cook the top w/o cooking the yolks;)

Back
Top Bottom