Swany

swany

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 14, 2013
We live in Florida with many predators above, below ground and in the nearby creek. Our daughter has a chicken truck to move around for them to forage in fresh ground. I'm going to try that, but also have a permanent coop to move them to for security. We are in Ohio now and will be in Florida soon. I'm excited to also try encouraging them to be friendly as I have read in your forum. Soon to be chicken lover, Swany

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
I think a solid coop and run will be safer than a chicken tractor. Seems like everywhere predators are coming out of the woodwork and much bolder than they used to be.

Thank you drumstick, a valid point to consider. Will let you know my final decision, thanks for the advice. Swany

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Some predators will gain access to the coop by digging under the fence of the run, so if you have lots of predators rather keep your flock in a stationary coop with a buried apron around the run and a solid floor, for when you are not around to keep an eye out. A dog on the property will be a good deterrent too. Just make sure it doesn't turn from shepherd to wolf and attack your birds!

Back
Top Bottom