Swap in North West Michigan??

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery

Songster
9 Years
Jul 16, 2010
North West Michagan
Hi, I have been thinking about organising a swap meet for small animals from goats & sheep to Rabbits & Rats & Hogs to cats & dogs (prety much anything smaller than a Standerd horse)... But I have no idea where to start or how to do it.... up here we dont have any Public animal meetings excpt for fairs & the occasional show. The closest swap meet is in flint (3-3 1/2 hours) and I refuse to work with the organiser (she breeds rabbits in the most disgusting conditions that I have ever seen, she has been banned from all rabbit showes in the great lakes aria and most rabbit related yahoo groups, she is known for lieing and cheating to get free animals, and she teaches a 4-H group!!!). Deep Breath. I would like to change that because we do have a lot of Back Yard/For Hobby farmers around here. I have a friend who's family will let us use there property. any info will be apprecated email me at [email protected] , or just reply here I guess!
big_smile.png

Where are you located? I would love to join in if we can get more people interested. Maybe change the title of the thread to something like, "NW Michigan Chickenstock, who's in". I live in Kalkaska, we have a ton of chickens, 4 kinder goats, 1 dog, and 7 cats. I would love to swap some chickens, maybe get some rabbits and look into more goats. I haven't seen anything listed in the area. The kalkaska county fair is at the end of the month and that is a good place to meet people, but...... not the same. I hope we can drum up some interest, all the other's sound like they were really fun.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom