Not open for further replies.

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK!

1.An egg swap for purebred chicken eggs only (EEs will not count as purebred). Mixed colors not allowed unless the resultant chicks are of breed acceptable colors. Swappers must have been members of BYC for at least 60 days.

2. An initial offering of 6 eggs will be made. Any member can accept and replace the offer with 6 purebreds of their own. You are responsible for the cost of shipping your own eggs. Any member can only offer a breed once in a weeks time.

3. A member can take and replace a swap with as many different breeds as they have, in a weeks time. If you have one breed to offer, you can make one swap; if you have 3 to offer, you can make 3 swaps. If offering a combination of different breeds, it will be considered a single swap, and can only be made once in a weeks time.

4. Purebreds only. Please offer pictures of your birds, if they arent posted somewhere on the site already. Pictures of the actual eggs being sent, or those from the actual birds laying these eggs, would be good especially for colored egg breeds. You can't expect people to want to swap eggs without seeing what they are swapping for. Please do not offer mixed colors, unless the resulting offspring are considered standard for the breed. Please make arrangements to ship eggs within a week or two of the swap, unless different arrangements are made with your swap partner. Shipping must be done via USPS Priority Mail, or if you prefer a similar service with another carrier.

5. The week will end Sunday evening at midnight.

6. There is no limit on the time that 6 eggs can be offered. We have over 22000 members. Its good to give people time to see what is being offered. I dont see any problem in an offering waiting for 2 or 3 days, or even more. Its not about speed.

7. This thread will not go fast!! Its more about allowing more people to participate.

8. Please keep chatter to a minimum. A little bit is fine; just use some common sense on this. If its not about the swap, it probably belongs in a PM.

9. Anyone not upholding their end of the swap agreement, either by sending eggs, or by sending shipping cost if they couldnt fulfill their swap for whatever reason, will not be allowed to participate further. Anyone with bad feedback in the Feedback forum will not be allowed to participate until they have cleared up their prior feedback, either by paying for their auctions they didnt pay for, or by sending eggs they havent sent.

10. Please post feedback in the Feedback forum. Its a great resource, but it won't work unless we all participate.

Last edited:
Offering 6 blue/barred rock eggs. Rooster will be either my splash or blue rooster, girls will be barred rocks. Babies will be either blue or black sex linked.

Picture of the roo and some of his girls:

343259437.jpg

Picture of some babies:

353227325.jpg

he.gif
With as many eggs as I have coming in a huge order with 7 different breeders on B YC, DW has banned me from participating for now. Just my luck, these blue rocks are something I've been ogling on halo's page for a while.
barnie.gif

Can you consider putting the limit at 8 eggs (that could also help by being another way this swap is different from the "Crazy Egg Chain")
jumpy.gif

I think 8 eggs can put a strain on some people who have so few hens. I think a half dozen is a good number; I can very comfortably send 6 eggs in the Priority Shoebox. I wouldnt be able to fit 8 eggs in there; Id have to go to a bigger box and more postage.

I should not do this, but I do need some more blues to see if I can get a blue roo for my girls I hatched from you, soooooo
jumpy.gif

I'll take your blues, halo and I offer choice of 6 Black Australorp or Buff Orpingtons

And thus it begins........
gig.gif

13220_chickens_044.jpg

13220_chickens_045.jpg

13220_chickens_042.jpg

Last edited:
barnie.gif
My BLRW better get with the program!! I want some of those Australorps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom