Sweating pheasant egg during hatching

Bellelise

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2022
Oh boy...
One of eight eggs have hatched. Its a great little chick, very loud, very strong, beautiful. Im in love. However, it looks like one of the remaining eggs is sweating. I've heard this could mean trouble and maybe explode.
I need a firm hand here, and some good advice. Thank-you

The shells are on the darker side. All I could see on day 20 was they had continued to grow from day 12.
There was a very little drop on one egg on day 18, which I decided to ignore & it went away. Since then I've been checking for a foul odor and on the look out for a bad egg and there has been nothing.

Its true what they say: "When in doubt take it out". I only had one of eight eggs hatch. Whether this is what happened I can't say for sure, I only know that in the end the egg was rotten. However, the chick that did hatch is very strong, healthy and noisy! It's been such a joy to raise it.

You're going to love it. If there was anything I could do different, I would have marked the eggs better. They were dark and hard to candle. So, when the one egg started to sweat, 3/4 of the way through incubation, and candling didnt work... I put it back and couldn't remember which one it was. Sometimes the eggs will condensate a bit in the begining, but this was different. Anyway, these little pheasant eggs had a rough ride of it in the begining. I hadn't planned or prepared for them. It was my very first "hatch". I made so many mistakes, but it was wonderful. Im so glad for just the one little chick. This website was amazing. You'll do great!!

You're going to love it. If there was anything I could do different, I would have marked the eggs better. They were dark and hard to candle. So, when the one egg started to sweat, 3/4 of the way through incubation, and candling didnt work... I put it back and couldn't remember which one it was. Sometimes the eggs will condensate a bit in the begining, but this was different. Anyway, these little pheasant eggs had a rough ride of it in the begining. I hadn't planned or prepared for them. It was my very first "hatch". I made so many mistakes, but it was wonderful. Im so glad for just the one little chick. This website was amazing. You'll do great!!
Thanks! It will be a while but meanwhile I like to follow the hatching threads to learn what I can. I have no room for more chicks at the moment! 😆

Back
Top Bottom