Swedish duck question!!!!!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Ok, so insted of getting anconas, I am now gonna be getting blue swedish ducks. Heres my question....

Which colors should I get? Blue, or black?

And if I get both colors, if I got a blue drake, and black hens, and I bred them, would that mean I get blue, and black ducklings? And would they be sexlinked?

Thanks guys!.... Going to the swedish duck thread now!
lol.png

Quote:
Oh, ok. Oh, and I dont think I will be getting any blue ancona eggs from you...

What about a blue to a blue, is it true I would get 50% blue swedish 25% black swedish with white crests, and 25% silver swedish. Is it true about the crests?

Quote:

What about a blue to a blue, is it true I would get 50% blue swedish 25% black swedish with white crests, and 25% silver swedish. Is it true about the crests?

I think one of the parents has to be crested to produce crested offspring, but I am not sure.

Quote:

I think one of the parents has to be crested to produce crested offspring, but I am not sure.

I thought thats what it said on metzer farms sight. But I dont know. Im gonna go check....

Black to Black=100%Black
Black to Blue=50% black-50% Blue
Blue to blue=50% Blue-50%Silver
In order to get Crested,at least one parents must be crested or carry the crested gene. Breeding Crested to crested will give a lethal dose of the gene killing roughly 50% of the birds, and can leave the others with skull and brain deformities.

Quote:
So, blue, to blue, gets NO black?!

I like the sound of blue to blue.
smile.png
that would be some pretty ducks, maybe 1 blk hen one blue hen and one blk drake or silver drake?
what would happen if a silver drake bred with a blue and blk duck?

BluexBlue supposeibly gives you 50% blue, 25% silver, 25% blacks.

I had a Silver Drake with a Black Hen and got all Blue.
I also had a Blue Drake over a Silver hen and got all Blacks.

I find these genetics very interesting. You can always get more Blacks than Blue or more Blue than Blacks and etc.

Back
Top Bottom