SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we are at 3 weeks old.

Cute!!! Same age as my current brood
big_smile.png

Cute!!! Same age as my current brood
big_smile.png
I had a crested and a pekin at 5 weeks, a swedish and a cayuga at 3 weeks and a rouen and a black swedish at 1.5 weeks and a friend called looking for ducklings so we trimmed back to just the crested, cayuga and swedish. I am surprised how quickly the ducks meshed. On the first night together all of the ducklings and my one year old rouen slept in a ball together.

I had a crested and a pekin at 5 weeks, a swedish and a cayuga at 3 weeks and a rouen and a black swedish at 1.5 weeks and a friend called looking for ducklings so we trimmed back to just the crested, cayuga and swedish. I am surprised how quickly the ducks meshed. On the first night together all of the ducklings and my one year old rouen slept in a ball together.
Wow! My only easy merge was Rhiannon at 3 days in with the rest of that brood at 10 days. My other two merges were rough. We will see how this one goes in 3-4 weeks...

Wow! My only easy merge was Rhiannon at 3 days in with the rest of that brood at 10 days. My other two merges were rough. We will see how this one goes in 3-4 weeks...
I just added 2 jersey giants, a cream legbar, a swedish isbar, a marans, a welsummer, a crested duck, a swedish and a cayuga all ranging from 2 weeks to 7 weeks. They are currently free ranging in the back yard with the adult birds. I got very lucky on this batch.

no they arnt currently available, looks like theyre not breeding them anymore. oh well. will have to look for something else i like. unfortunately theres not a whole lot of variety over here

no they arnt currently available, looks like theyre not breeding them anymore. oh well. will have to look for something else i like. unfortunately theres not a whole lot of variety over here
sorry Noddy. Well, if they would survive, I would send you some. But.... Customs... Good luck.

Here we are at 3 weeks old.

@CliffB They are adorable & growing so fast!!!
love.gif

We thought my 11 month old had stopped laying, which seemed weird because our girls don't usually take a winter break. Apparently she's been hiding them. We found one of her stash spots today (That clever girl!)

@CliffB They are adorable & growing so fast!!!
love.gif

We thought my 11 month old had stopped laying, which seemed weird because our girls don't usually take a winter break. Apparently she's been hiding them. We found one of her stash spots today (That clever girl!)
My 1 year old Rouen started hiding hers under the bedding in her personal nesting box and under the sand in the coop. I'm not sure if she was trying to build up a little stockpile or what but i have to hunt then dig them out now.

We found a few that she laid under the ladder of the chicken roost, completely covered with straw. We would've never even known they were there if a couple of the chickens hadn't been 'alerting' us to the spot. When we went over to investigate she stood up as tall as she could & that beady black eye just glared at those chickens. I'm sure she will find a way to make them pay for their treason. In the meantime, we're still missing a few & I cant even guess where they might be.

Back
Top Bottom