SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shawnadoodlebug, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    So those of you with adult ducks...do the males have more iridescence on the head than the females?

I have been watching for curly tail feathers - none so far, we are 13-14 weeks. My friend has one that is 2-3 weeks older and he has the curly tail feather. I also noticed that while both have the blue sheen on the wings, hers has a much shinier head. Gender thing or age thing or of no importance?

I can't go by quacks...my Pekin out-noises everything.

2. I have a blue Swedish boy. Very sweet. Love him
    Ill have to post pics later though as I have none

Oh and he limps though... Any idea why? Can't find a reason, his leg *looks* fine

~ NickeeChickee, if you bring the duck somewhere quiet you can tell. I did by quacks, but mine are almost 20 weeks and no curly tails so I'm hoping for some eggs soon!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  3. inkedlady

inkedlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2013
    Stoke-on-Trent. Uk
    [​IMG]
    My 5 week old ducks getting green faces and heads on 2of them but all 3 have greenish body feathers

4. inkedlady

inkedlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2013
    Stoke-on-Trent. Uk

5. RoosterThigh

RoosterThigh Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Mine aren't adult, only 6 weeks, but the drake has one feather that is curled slightly. I've heard that they hiss, I would call it more a whistle, at least with mine. Their heads look almost the same exept for a few minor differences. Drake is getting some blue coming in on the ends of his wings now.

6. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012

7. RoosterThigh

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Apparently not, I was looking at him closely yesterday and he actually has 2. Small, but they are there. I will try to get a picture of it if it ever stops raining.

8. RoosterThigh

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

Here are some pictures of my 6 week old drake with two of his tail feathers slightly curled. He has had these for a couple of weeks actually. Even his down was a bit curled. Most of his down is gone there is still some on his head and various places. But he is looking pretty good and has lots of feathers.
    [​IMG]

jmoschner likes this.
  9. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    Northern, NJ
    [​IMG]
    Latest pic of 2 of my 3. They're 6 weeks old, all of them. That's Peepers in front, my mallard. And that's Raspberry one of my 2 Swedes. He's lost almost all of his fluff on his head now. The bill that's on the right is of our other Swede, Spot. Somehow, DH didn't get her in the pic. ;)

jmoschner likes this.
  10. RoosterThigh

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    They are looking pretty spiffy Racerwife! Your Raspberry looks like my Falco and your mallard looks very sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by