SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
So those of you with adult ducks...do the males have more iridescence on the head than the females?

I have been watching for curly tail feathers - none so far, we are 13-14 weeks. My friend has one that is 2-3 weeks older and he has the curly tail feather. I also noticed that while both have the blue sheen on the wings, hers has a much shinier head. Gender thing or age thing or of no importance?

I can't go by quacks...my Pekin out-noises everything.

I have a blue Swedish boy. Very sweet. Love him
Ill have to post pics later though as I have none

Oh and he limps though... Any idea why? Can't find a reason, his leg *looks* fine

~ NickeeChickee, if you bring the duck somewhere quiet you can tell. I did by quacks, but mine are almost 20 weeks and no curly tails so I'm hoping for some eggs soon!

Last edited:
ai2olPFD5Gw

My 5 week old ducks getting green faces and heads on 2of them but all 3 have greenish body feathers

So those of you with adult ducks...do the males have more iridescence on the head than the females?

I have been watching for curly tail feathers - none so far, we are 13-14 weeks. My friend has one that is 2-3 weeks older and he has the curly tail feather. I also noticed that while both have the blue sheen on the wings, hers has a much shinier head. Gender thing or age thing or of no importance?

I can't go by quacks...my Pekin out-noises everything.
Mine aren't adult, only 6 weeks, but the drake has one feather that is curled slightly. I've heard that they hiss, I would call it more a whistle, at least with mine. Their heads look almost the same exept for a few minor differences. Drake is getting some blue coming in on the ends of his wings now.

6 weeks is kind of early for a curled tail feather isn't it?
Here are some pictures of my 6 week old drake with two of his tail feathers slightly curled. He has had these for a couple of weeks actually. Even his down was a bit curled. Most of his down is gone there is still some on his head and various places. But he is looking pretty good and has lots of feathers.

Latest pic of 2 of my 3. They're 6 weeks old, all of them. That's Peepers in front, my mallard. And that's Raspberry one of my 2 Swedes. He's lost almost all of his fluff on his head now. The bill that's on the right is of our other Swede, Spot. Somehow, DH didn't get her in the pic. ;)

Latest pic of 2 of my 3. They're 6 weeks old, all of them. That's Peepers in front, my mallard. And that's Raspberry one of my 2 Swedes. He's lost almost all of his fluff on his head now. The bill that's on the right is of our other Swede, Spot. Somehow, DH didn't get her in the pic. ;)
They are looking pretty spiffy Racerwife! Your Raspberry looks like my Falco and your mallard looks very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom